Are you over protective of your bags?

I have huge risers on my bed so I can place each and every one of my bags in their sleepers side by side, so there is nothing touching them from either side or the top. I almost need a ladder to get into bed at night. But hey, atleast my bags are very well taken care of!

I am always careful about where I set them down when I take them out. For example, yesterday my hubby and I went out to an early dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I noticed a few crumbs on the booth seat and so there I was, bent over with my rear end up in the air in front of all those hungry diners, wiping down that bench and mumbling horrible words about the bus person who should have cleaned it prior to my sitting there. Hubby and hostess just standing there, mouths agape, waiting for me to finish (kind of funny!). I was not so much concerned about messing up my fabulous Paper Denim jeans, mind you. I was terrified about sitting my beloved B-bag on potentially greasy crumbs! I always do this! Even if it looks clean. Then, I request a separate cloth napkin to sit my bag on right next to me. After dinner we went to a movie. Needless to say, I did NOT get popcorn. Just the thought of buttery popcorn near my bag made my heart race.

When I get my bags home, I inspect them for scratches and then put it away in it's sleeper. I have a cat who thinks my B-bag MUST have come from Pet Smart because it has tassles and in his little mind, ANYTHING with tassles has HIS name writting all over it. I have to be extra careful with that one!

^OMG print*model that's so funny. I can totally see myself doing that. One time, DH and I went out for chinese food. the floor was dirty and all the extra seats were taken. I put my coach limited edition kimono bag on the table. DH gave me a lecture and said it was rude to put your bag on the table. I was NOT going to put my bag on the floor. So I had to put it behind me on the seat. Needless to say, I wasn't very comfortable, but it was better than having my bag on the floor with the dirt.

I'm very protective of most of my possessions - I take especially good care of my bags (always stuffed and in their dust covers, except the one I'm currently using) I'm also pretty compulsive about my jewelry, and my car has to be immaculate (I should really lighten up a bit).

Yes and no. I do store them in their dust bags and before I put them away for the season I clean them inside and out and shine the hardware. But when I use them I am not really that anal. It's a bag and it's meant to be carried! I mean, what's the point of having it if you are afraid of using it? It took me about 6 months to start using my first LV because I was afraid that it was going to get dirty, scratched, wet, etc. if I used it. Then I realized that I might have a mental problem!!!:lol: :wacko: :lol: :lol:

happy1 said:
What do you use to condition your bags? I keep my bags in their sleeperand in their original box if it came with one. However, it becomes a space issue as the boxes take up so much more space.

Note, one of my Chanel's had a bit of a mark on it because the chain was pressing against the soft lambskin and created a small impression...so becareful with the hardware.
The SA told me to wrap the handle in tissue paper to prevent it from leaving an impression on the leather.

I am so careful with my bags that people notice and look at me strangely. I purchased one of those Dangles to hang it from the table so I would have to sit it on the floor at anytime...even meetings. Those things work really well; but cause folks to stare...I don't care. I also take my bag with me when I go to communion at church. That probably is the worst thing to do but Hey..it's a big church I don't know all of those people. hahahaha I'm also careful that my bags are far away from my dog. That spoiled guy likes to chew things with my scent on it; he would be history if he chewed up one of my bags. :lol: