Are you on the "Do not call registry"?

miu2

Chewy Redlands CA Police K-9
O.G.
Jun 27, 2007
I am sooooo sick of the stupid telemarketing calls (especially the pre-recorded ones). I have registered all my phones with the "Do not call registry" and I am still getting marketing calls!!

My understanding was that once you registered your phone, telemarketers were no longer allowed to call that phone. Does anyone know what can be done to telemarketers that continue to call????

I checked on the FTC website, and there are some calls that are not covered under the "Do Not Call Registry." These include calls on behalf of charities, telephone surveyors, and political organizations as well as companies you have done business with. If the telemarker doesn't fall under any of these categories, you can file a complaint with the FTC via the Do Not Call registry site, but you do need either the name or phone number of the organization calling you.

I'm on the "Do Not Call Registry" and I still get calls from telemarketers. When I ask for their company name to make a complaint, they always hang up. :tdown:

Here's the link to the Q&A on the FTC website that might help you. :flowers:

I checked on the FTC website, and there are some calls that are not covered under the "Do Not Call Registry." These include calls on behalf of charities, telephone surveyors, and political organizations as well as companies you have done business with. If the telemarker doesn't fall under any of these categories, you can file a complaint with the FTC via the Do Not Call registry site, but you do need either the name or phone number of the organization calling you.

I'm on the "Do Not Call Registry" and I still get calls from telemarketers. When I ask for their company name to make a complaint, they always hang up. :tdown:

Here's the link to the Q&A on the FTC website that might help you. :flowers:
Thanks for the info. What really drives me crazy are those recorded messages that say, "........if you are interested, say 'yes' and a representative will be in touch with you." I keep getting the same call from the same company over and over again. I think that the next time I get the call (which I'm sure I will), I will answer yes and when a "representative" contacts me, I will get the co.'s name and let them know that I will be reporting them. They just drive me crazy!!

I have a block on my home phone called Do Not Disturb costs me an additional $5 a month but it is so worth it, no one can call me except the numbers I either pre-program into my line or give the code to the person to dial when they call. I love it!

I put myself on it when I kept getting calls on my cell, and miraculously the calls stopped. I would talk to a live person and get their info, then say you are reporting them for violating the do not call list.

Yes, you can file a complaint on the do not call site, which i tried to do for the same telemarketer that would call every day with a pre-recorded message and after going through all the steps and questions it would not take the complaint!
The problem is that I doubt any of these companies are ever "prosecuted" no matter how many people complain and so they just ignore the rule.

I was on it from the day they started the list several years ago. No calls except from my telephone or credit card companies and they only last a week or two depending on what ad campaign they're running. I NEVER answer the phone. I always let the answering machine get the call and if it turns out to be somebody I want to talk to, I'll pick up.

One other thing, it can takes six months or so from the day you sign up until the calls stop. Telemarketing companies only have to update their lists two or three times a year, so you may get calls until they get the latest update.

I was on it from the day they started the list several years ago. No calls except from my telephone or credit card companies and they only last a week or two depending on what ad campaign they're running. I NEVER answer the phone. I always let the answering machine get the call and if it turns out to be somebody I want to talk to, I'll pick up.

One other thing, it can takes six months or so from the day you sign up until the calls stop. Telemarketing companies only have to update their lists two or three times a year, so you may get calls until they get the latest update.

Oh. That could be why. I only registered two weeks ago.

We are on the DNC list, but every now and then a caller slips through. I just tell them that their number is showing up on my phone and as soon as I hang up with them I will be reporting them to www.donotcall.gov. I've reported a few so far, so if anything is done about it....we'll see. Otherwise, I just don't answer my phone unless I am waiting for a certain call.