Are you on the "Do not call registry"?

I was on it from the day they started the list several years ago. No calls except from my telephone or credit card companies and they only last a week or two depending on what ad campaign they're running. I NEVER answer the phone. I always let the answering machine get the call and if it turns out to be somebody I want to talk to, I'll pick up.

One other thing, it can takes six months or so from the day you sign up until the calls stop. Telemarketing companies only have to update their lists two or three times a year, so you may get calls until they get the latest update.
I've had my phones registered since 2007. Seems like I'm getting more and more calls lately. Uuugh, just so sick of the calls.

I've had my phones registered since 2007. Seems like I'm getting more and more calls lately. Uuugh, just so sick of the calls.

Same here. We have caller ID, so if I see "Unknown" or a foreign area code, I don't even bother picking up anymore. My sister just picks up the phone and hangs up on them so she doesn't have to hear the phone ring.

I just went on the DNC website this morning and it looks like as of a law that passed in 2007, once you register your phone number you are on there forever and there is no expiration. That's good news.

I just went on the DNC website this morning and it looks like as of a law that passed in 2007, once you register your phone number you are on there forever and there is no expiration. That's good news.
Yeah, I checked on that too. The only time you get removed is if you request to be removed.

BTW, CompassRose LOVE your backyard!!

I get them on my cell phone lately! They are some stupid ones about my files being at some office and I can tell it's a pre-recorded call. I finally listened to one full-out and was able to opt out.

Yeah, it looks like the law passed in February 2008. That's good to know. Here is a link to a website that I use to see just who it is calling me.

http://whocalled.us/

The way alot of the telemarketers are getting past the loopholes are if you have done business with the company (in any capacity) within the past two years they can lawfully call you UNLESS you specifically ask them to take you off of their call list.

I'm under the impression that charities or non-profit groups are exempt from following DNC laws? That's what I was told, but as far as I'm concerned they're telemarketers too!

It seems like since I got on the dnc list the number has gone way down. The occasional call slips through, but I just hang up and move on. It always seems like the telemarketers are the calls that you ran up two flights of stairs and dove under the sofa to find the phone , though.....