Are you on a ban? Come on in....

count me in too.. im on a ban as well.. well trying to be.. ive got 2 bags to pay for at the end of the month and thats it. then im just looking.. unless i sell something then i can buy somethign else.. hahah./.

Wow ....so many of us! I hope we can stay strong and have willpower!

BTW....I think it's find if you already have plans for a LE item (groom, keychain, miroir, etc.)....I mean you're basically setting that as your end date for the ban! Or in my case, the release of Groom is the start of my ban.

I have seriously tried these bans about 4 times since joining tPF...and the longest one lasted 16 days. That is so bad!

Does anyone have any plans for how they're going to save money (or hide money from their DH/PHH)?

I am going to spend a bunch of time on ebay....I just went through my summer wardrobe & winter wardrobe and am going to sell off everything I don't want. I did this in the spring and made pretty good $. I've got a bunch of watches to sell and some shoes too.
I also sell for my BIL (sports cards) where he splits all profits with me...that way he doesn't have to hire an outside consigner.

Stay strong ladies....we can do it!

after I get my Groom I think I'm going to start a ticker counting down to my birthday....hubby should be getting me something LV (probably not a super big item....maybe around 500-600$...or I'll get him to just give me cash towards one of my discontinued/LE items I still need).

Rensky: You are a grad student too? So am I! I know I shouldn't be spending so much since I pretty much make nothing....thank goodness for hubby LOL

YAY.....welcome I LOVE LV! I have a feeling a bunch of us will be jumping ship when Azur and Miroir launches! LOL
Thanks..! I've actually been wanting to start on a ban after I get my cerises speedy, but didn't want to mention as somehow, I don't think I'll have the willpower to stick to it... :shame: But since there's a support group here, I might as well join you guys... :P

I'm actually not sure how much I'll like the azur and miroir, but I just HAVE to check them out in person. And it's a great excuse to delay my LV purchases... lol :lol:

Wow ....so many of us! I hope we can stay strong and have willpower!

I have seriously tried these bans about 4 times since joining tPF...and the longest one lasted 16 days. That is so bad!

Does anyone have any plans for how they're going to save money (or hide money from their DH/PHH)?

Stay strong ladies....we can do it!

after I get my Groom I think I'm going to start a ticker counting down to my birthday....hubby should be getting me something LV (probably not a super big item....maybe around 500-600$...or I'll get him to just give me cash towards one of my discontinued/LE items I still need).

LOL

You too funny!!! Your dh is very supportive. I pay for all of my handbags except for the coach gift. My dh already complains about it and I pay for my handbags...not fair...some of you ladies are sooo spoiled :shrugs: :yahoo: :P !

You know you have a problem when you are hiding the wrapping from your handbags and when I asked say, "this old thing has been in the closet for ages".....heeheehhheee....what is a girl to do? Also have your own credit card and hiding the bill and paying it off slowly each month:yucky: :hysteric: :s ! Those were the signs for me that I have a handbag problem:crybaby: !

Definitely I agree accessories should still be allowed...a girl has to have some fun. Right now I have a self imposed ban on handbags so accessories are fair game. Will post when I need to ban myself from them!!!

Keep strong ladies!!!!

I'm going to work a few extra days (the bonuses at work right now are good)and stay out of the mall. I find when I keep busy at work or home I stay out of the stores. Luckily I will only have to work three or four extra shifts to cover most of my shopping but I have to get off my butt and do it! I should stick to my shopping ban well, I get sick when I think about what I spent/bought over the past month :yucky:

Fortunately there is no LV in my town. I have to drive to Chicago! What sucks is that I'll be in Chicago in 2 weeks to pick up my Mom from the airport....and I know I'll want to go to LV! I'll be strong though and completely bypass downtown Chicago!

You too funny!!! Your dh is very supportive. I pay for all of my handbags except for the coach gift. My dh already complains about it and I pay for my handbags...not fair...some of you ladies are sooo spoiled :shrugs: :yahoo: :P !

You know you have a problem when you are hiding the wrapping from your handbags and when I asked say, "this old thing has been in the closet for ages".....heeheehhheee....what is a girl to do? Also have your own credit card and hiding the bill and paying it off slowly each month:yucky: :hysteric: :s ! Those were the signs for me that I have a handbag problem:crybaby: !

Definitely I agree accessories should still be allowed...a girl has to have some fun. Right now I have a self imposed ban on handbags so accessories are fair game. Will post when I need to ban myself from them!!!

Keep strong ladies!!!!

Ya hubby is very generous in letting me buy whatever I want...so long as there's money left over for him LOL I know he was just talking big when he said he wanted me to stop....he would've let me continue on. But....I'll thank him because he got me thinking about my spending excesses!

I am going to spend a bunch of time on ebay....I just went through my summer wardrobe & winter wardrobe and am going to sell off everything I don't want. I did this in the spring and made pretty good $. I've got a bunch of watches to sell and some shoes too.
I also sell for my BIL (sports cards) where he splits all profits with me...that way he doesn't have to hire an outside consigner.

I have sold some items on eBay, but for the most part, I'm sticking to my coffee & lunch plan--I'm not buying my usual "two lattes, a bagel, and a sandwich" a day. I usually spend about fifty dollars a week on lattes and lunch, so I have been bringing my thermos of tea or coffee, and lunch, to work. I have saved two hundred dollars so far with this plan and lost five pounds!:yahoo:

You go girl!!!!!!!!!! I have been doing the same. I brought my own 12 pack of Coke to school, a box of granola bars for breakfast, and a case of Chef Boyardee for lunches. I am strictly holding myself to one day of eating out for lunch per week.

I haven't bought anything LV, or any bag for that matter, since April. I am so trying to talk my husband into the damier speedy and mono koala agenda with mandarin interior. Five months is a long time to be good!