Are you nice to your bags?

What would your bags say about their living conditions?

• I am treated like a princess and look like I came out of LV

• She really tries but there is a couple of marks here and there...

• You can tell she uses me a lot and there are scary things at the bottom.....

• I need someone to come and rescue me(HELP)

Results are only viewable after voting.
For me, it depends on the bag. I have some that only come out for special occasions and I am quite careful with them. Others, my Totally for example, I use almost every day, rain or shine and she is very loved! I've had to have all the leather handles and straps replaced, and she's still going strong, and I never worry about throwing her around!

to a certain extent yes - no vachetta in the rain because I hate a ruined exterior, won't put down on a restaurant/toilet/outside floor due to hygiene but on the other hand I don't really care about other surfaces as long clean or the interior I will put anything inside, I have a few pen marks which is unfortunate but I actually don't care and hasn't stopped me carrying pens. A bag is to be used, I don't have time to be obsessive and if it is not pristine in the interior the only time I will see it is if i'm grabbing something as opposed to the exterior which could be on a shelf that I stare at all day.

I think I've been lucky (especially since reading some of the horror stories of this site) because I am ROUGH with my bags. I set them on the ground, stuff them with books, put food/drink inside, etc. The way I see it, a bag is basically just something to put my stuff in so I don't have to carry it in my hands or pockets. I'm not going to set them down in mud or anything but I certainly don't "baby" them. (The exception being a Coach crossover that my dad gave me, since it was my first "nice" bag and it has sentimental value).

The only thing that's ever happened was accidentally getting the entire front of a coach wallet soaked in grease (long story involving my dad and a steak :P) I was bummed but I managed to clean it up good as new, and in fact nicer than when I first bought it preowned. So far my LVs and other "designer" bags have been unscathed. I guess I figure it they get scratches or tears easily they aren't really as durable or high quality as they claim. So far so good though. :biggrin:

I try to be as gentle towards my bags, but I also try not to have them dictate my life. Although it's kinda hard to not baby a purse with vachetta 😥 if I had a damier ebene I'd be less worry some

Safe to say that I DO baby my expensive handbags to the nth degree. :giggles: Always have, always will. The day I got my first LV was the day things changed. Yes, they're just material items - but I worked hard for them and I don't want to harm them if I can help it.

I've found over the years that my tastes and needs change. Therefore some may be put up for sale and I want them in excellent condition. That way I can get more $$$ to buy more expensive handbags. :lol:

I guess it's kind of a cycle for me, but it's one that I truly enjoy. Therefore, it makes me happy to baby my handbags. :biggrin:

I think a bag like a never full /totally are meant to be your workhorse everyday bag. I don't put my totally through the ringer but definitely baby my leather artsy. You should look at it and think of the family memories that bag has shared with you :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I take care of my things but I in no way baby my bags. In comparison to others I am probably hard on my bags but they are still in great condition. I store them on shelves(I try) but my son drags them around on the ground. I'm not going to buy something to not use it, I plan ahead so I got a purse organizer for my neverfull so that if and when a sippy cup spilled the interior lining of the bag was not affected. I will put my bag on the ground if necessary(no bathroom floors!!!) it's been on the ground at the park, department store, church and of course other peoples homes. My philosophy is I buy it to use it, if I'm buying it to sit on a shelf and look pretty then it needs to not come home with me.

For the most part, I take care of my bags. I'm not over the top, however. I do keep a plastic bag inside just in case it rains and I don't take mono bags out in bad weather. I wipe canvas bags down with baby wipes every so often. I don't carry my Vernis bags every day. They're never on the ground, they're in dust bags on shelves in my closet. Stuff like that. My bags are in very good condition.