Are you loyal to Louis?

I don't think I'm loyal to any designer in particular. There are just some that I prefer. I think like most people said here, I go based on what I like and not what is made by a particular brand.

I'm not sure I'm loyal to LV
When I saw other beautiful designer bags;
Chanel, Gucci, Prada, Dior and whatever,
I decided to buy them bcos I loved.

But my first designer bag I bought for 10 years ago was LV Petit Noe
And, the last one I recently bought was LV Speedy
Also, the frequently used bags were LV

I'da know what type of me???

yeuxhonnetes said:
in my opinion there's no such thing as being 'loyal' to a certain designer. i love Louis Vuitton, but i have bags from Dior, Burberry, Gucci, Fendi, Chloe and Prada too, simply because i happened to fall in love with them. if we were to stay 'loyal' to Louis Vuitton and see all the other beautiful bags by other designers pass us by, we'd be rather miserable, i should think
I agree, I like to have a rounded collection of bags, though I have more LV than anything else, I do usually buy a few LV's a year and then a couple from another brand, this year it was Balenciaga and Chloe.....I pretty much always use LV accessories though, so I guess I'm kinda loyal to them for that....There's something about LV that pulls me in b/c they seem to have the longevity and consistancy I look for out of a designer bag but they can also be sooooo different than Chloe, Gucci, Chanel, Balenciaga, etc.... whichs makes me crave those brands as well....

I do feel this way to a certain extent. I recently got a Chanel tote, so I switched my (LV!) stuff over to that. I apologized to my poor Batignolles Horizontal for putting her in her dust bag. She's been by my side every day since I got her over four months ago. I still love LV, though, and I'm forever buying some new little accessory.

I am pretty loyal to LV. I would have to say that 95% of my bags are LV and I like it this way.:lol: After joining tPF, I got into Fendi SPY bags but don't carry them as often as my LVs. I still think that the only brand that surpasses LV quality is Hermes.:graucho: But I don't even want to go there!:nuts:

There are definitely other bags I'd like to have - Dior Gaucho, Fendi Spy, etc. - but I haven't gotten to them. Yet!

See, that's the cool thing about Louis. He understands beauty and style, so he doesn't mind if you cheat on him with other designers. He's been around for more than a hundred years, so he's very patient, and will always welcome you back with open arms!

Not anymore... tPF has really opened my eyes to other lovely brands and I'm trying to build a "well-rounded" collection now. I've gotten to love Chanel, which I used to think was old-ladyish, and am hoping to venture into Hermes at some point too.

I will always have a place in my heart (and collection) for LV though!

(Sorry this is so long, but had to get this out...) Consider yourself *warned* LOL!
---------------------------

Ok.....

I've been haunted with this issue as of late. :wondering

I only use my LV. I have 2 other designer bags...both from Coach, that started out my "obsession" w/ bags. Then I went to LV and never looked back. I :heart: LV!

I want my next bag to be a shoulder/hobo style bag...mostly hobo, big, slouchy looking. But LV doesn't seem to have one that I like, and they're aren't many to choose from. I would like it to be big. I have the speedy in damier, and was thinking of the Illovo MM in damier. (May be a bit small, not sure..)

Then I've thought of possibly the Tulum GM. But I kinda want one in damier better. Not too sure about the Chelsea either...Hmm? Cuz I start thinking I'd like the hobo shape.

Which leads me to wait til mid-sept. for the new Onatah GM in leather. :nuts: OMG I love it in suede w/ lil flowers!!!!!!! But w/ all the problems w/ suede it makes sense for me to wait for it in leather...It's big, and should be slouchy, and hobo!!!!! :yahoo: But a bit pricey.:Push:

I'm also seeing alot of people with gold/silver bags. Ughhhh...So then I'm like ...maybe I should forget the shoulder/hobo bags, and wait til Dec. 1 for the Miroir Speedy in gold. I love my speedies!! If this were to happen it would be #5. heehee!

BUT THEN.......I'm like.....Perhaps get a GUCCI. This is where the guilt sets in HARDCORE. Poor LV. :sad: I seen quite a few online that I like..that are big, slouchy, and hobo!! I may feel weird when I carry it..I may think..."but this isn't LV..." or..."My poor LV.." Or what if I end up liking it MORE then LV? Then not want to carry my LVs cuz I hit it off with Gucci. OMG!? Ugh...:wtf: You never know...but then I'm like NO way...I love LV. Do I chance my utter devotion to LV, and perhaps sway to Gucci for my next bag?

Also cked out the Koobas. I love the carmel colored bags. They are so pretty!! Big, slouchy...hobo! (But again they aren't LV, and what if I end up liking them more?!?) ughhhhhhh...

Also the new YSL bag that's out the "double bag" that reverses from Brown my fav. color to Bronze/or Gold not sure....Ugh like this one too!! Big, shoulder... ACK!

Anyone else going thru this plight?!?!? :wacko:

I cant deprive myself from buying what I love. I do tend to carry my LVs more often then anything else. But, I like having a couple of different designers sitting on my display case. :heart:

Not anymore... tPF has really opened my eyes to other lovely brands and I'm trying to build a "well-rounded"

I agree with this :yes:
TPF has really opened my eyes to so many gorgeous bags I might not have noticed before. With 2 little ones,I am too busy to go the the stores and look at bags, and I love seeing all of them here. I love LV, but now own a gorgeous Chanel ( my 1st ) and a stunning Balenciaga ( also my 1st ) and a Gucci I had before that is TDF. This forum is THE BEST!! Thanks Vlad & Megs :love: