Are you having an Emotional Affair?

So do you think it's possible to have an emotional affair, like forever? I mean if it does stay at just that - and there is no physical affair - do you think one can carry on with an emotional affair for a really long period of time??? You see movies where a married person loves someone else - they talk on the phone, etc - but never have any physical contact. I know it wouldn't be "right"..........but do you think it's possible?

But do you check his PMs?;)
Just kidding, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a lady or two here who finds him intriguing.

HAHAHA I laughed out loud reading this.. because it may be true. He has some GREAT odds on this board- 22,000 women to like 1,000 men... errrr (if that.. that is pushing it on the male side) :upsidedown:

Are you saying I should snoop more?? :upsidedown:

HAHAHA I laughed out loud reading this.. because it may be true. He has some GREAT odds on this board- 22,000 women to like 1,000 men... errrr (if that.. that is pushing it on the male side) :upsidedown:

Are you saying I should snoop more?? :upsidedown:
Ah no, I was just teasing. But it seems to me that web boards and chatrooms are really fertile grounds for emotional cheating.

That's actually part of the appeal of tPF to me: nobody PMs me about what kind of underwear I'm wearing. Only about which bag I carried today.

(And this actually happened! I was recognized by a PF member because I was carrying my chocolate brown Hermes Trim while shopping at N-M. :wtf:)

You guys, what is horrible and sad, is when someone has died and the surviving spouse comes in to plan the funeral and they want to cheapest casket that they can buy and then instruct us that they don't want so and so at the visitation or funeral.

They don't come right out and say, but we know that it must have been an affair that was found out.

We have had to call the police to services a few times over this.

It's as if, they do not want their friends and families (understandably so) to know that their dead spouse had been cheating. I guess they don't want ot be humiliated and think that in death, it's over...but when the "other person" shows up, fireworks fly.

We have even had the "other person" that had been asked to leave the property, come in to try to take some of the flower arrangements, while the family is at the grave service.

The whole thing is heartbreaking for all involved.

I know it exists,
that's why some of the rules I made with my Hubby were...
  1. No girl bestfriend
  2. No going out one on one with a girl for whatever reason
  3. No entertaining female friends with their private problems unless they tell it to both of us.
  4. And same rule I apply to myself...
I know alot of you might not agree with me but...
I do not believe that anyone is immune to temptation not even when you are inlove...
There would always be room for another...

I totally agree with you. I think there is a fine line that can be crossed very easliy before you are even awared it is happening.

So do you think it's possible to have an emotional affair, like forever? I mean if it does stay at just that - and there is no physical affair - do you think one can carry on with an emotional affair for a really long period of time??? You see movies where a married person loves someone else - they talk on the phone, etc - but never have any physical contact. I know it wouldn't be "right"..........but do you think it's possible?

I think its the first step to a deeper relationship.
you have this person that cares, listen and you enjoy being with/talking with. Over time you find out you have a lot more in common/share the same views and soon you start to spend more time toether. Over time the relationship deepens.

You guys, what is horrible and sad, is when someone has died and the surviving spouse comes in to plan the funeral and they want to cheapest casket that they can buy and then instruct us that they don't want so and so at the visitation or funeral.

They don't come right out and say, but we know that it must have been an affair that was found out.

We have had to call the police to services a few times over this.

It's as if, they do not want their friends and families (understandably so) to know that their dead spouse had been cheating. I guess they don't want ot be humiliated and think that in death, it's over...but when the "other person" shows up, fireworks fly.

We have even had the "other person" that had been asked to leave the property, come in to try to take some of the flower arrangements, while the family is at the grave service.

The whole thing is heartbreaking for all involved.
Omg that's horrible :sad:

I totally agree with you. I think there is a fine line that can be crossed very easliy before you are even awared it is happening.
Agree with you too...
I've seen several of my friends, men and women fall for a friend...
usually a female friend in need of support... and most men kinda fall to that "needed trap!"
and women fall for the supportive friend who always understands...
I believe that none of our SO/Dh are perfect...
but when we start looking for what's lacking in our relationship in another person...
instead of making it work together...
its anyone's guess where that relationship is headed...

Agree with you too...
I've seen several of my friends, men and women fall for a friend...
usually a female friend in need of support... and most men kinda fall to that "needed trap!"
and women fall for the supportive friend who always understands...
I believe that none of our SO/Dh are perfect...
but when we start looking for what's lacking in our relationship in another person...
instead of making it work together...
its anyone's guess where that relationship is headed...

omg! this is what happened to my friend. her fiancee was out of the country for a month and the guy had a female friend who was diagnosed with first stage cancer .. he would be go with her to her chemo sessions but with the knowledge of my friend. eventually, the guy got confused and thot he was falling for the female friend. this female friend is apparently a long lost friend from college so our group of friends never really knew her. at one point the guy broke the engagement saying he was having cold feet. anyway, they did get married eventually, but imagine our shock when we found out that he did not have a best man in the entourage but a best woman (she even wore a tuxedo inspired gown black n white) ! we never saw her again after the wedding ...

I understand the setting up of the mutual ‘no spending time with someone of the opposite sex without me’ rule – but would it make a difference if they were gay? Would you, or they, be as threatened?

I’ve heard my dad telling me stories of a relative’s wife not allowing the mistress (or their child) to the gravesite.
I don’t pretend to know what I’d do in a situation like that. Yes, it’s unfortunate that he cheated, but they had a child, and the child has a right to pay their last respects to their father.

Sidebar: Eva Peron hated the middle class because her father’s other family was middle class and his wife wouldn’t let Eva’s mother or other children to see him at his funeral.

Megs, I swear, I only e-mailed Vlad because I was having problems logging into the Purse Forum! That’s it!