Are you ever scared to wear your Chanel?

Jun 6, 2010
Not that I have my coveted Chanel bag yet, but I one day hope to...But one thing that bothers me when I think about it is wearing it out in public, oddly enough. I just feel like it might make me look like a target. I don't live in a bad area, but it's not like it's a highly affluent area, either, so I think I might just be nervous taking it on public transit, etc. LV is a pretty common brand sight around where I live, and I feel pretty comfortable carrying my LV, but Chanel...? Not quite so much....

Do you ever feel nervous wearing your bag in public? Do you have any tips or advice? Thanks in advance!

CherryHeart said:
Not that I have my coveted Chanel bag yet, but I one day hope to...But one thing that bothers me when I think about it is wearing it out in public, oddly enough. I just feel like it might make me look like a target. I don't live in a bad area, but it's not like it's a highly affluent area, either, so I think I might just be nervous taking it on public transit, etc. LV is a pretty common brand sight around where I live, and I feel pretty comfortable carrying my LV, but Chanel...? Not quite so much....

Do you ever feel nervous wearing your bag in public? Do you have any tips or advice? Thanks in advance!

No

Yes, but only one bag! My lambskin med/large.

Its because it was my dream bag for such a long time, and its lambskin and its completely perfect and even when bought from the store it had never been out of the box

Something in me wants to keep it perfect for ever and I am scared of using it - I know I will get over it, but for now, I am so lucky to have others that I can just admire this little lump of perfect gorgeousness :biggrin:

Bags this expensive, its natural to be scared I guess, but at least this is the only one that worries me :yes:

If someone ever tries to rob you, just tell them its fake! lol

On a serious note, I have been to places where I have felt like someone is looking at my bag too much. All I do is cover the CC logo and just keep walking.

I have collected classics and I'm very embarrassed the I have not had the "opportunity" to take my bag out for any occasion. I actually lose a Marni bag and my Gucci wallet bc the cabby drove off w my stuff in NYC and all you can do is to file a claim through your home insurance.

So always keep your Chanel card, tags and receipt in a safe place in case that happens and enjoy your bag!!

I have no qualms about using my bags.

However recently, I did get atad disturbed once at the Chanel boutique . Some one tried to grab my Chanel maxi and said she wanted something like that. The SA apologised to me and directed her to another table. IMO, the Chanel boutique is the best and worst place to carry bags to.

I have no qualms about using my bags.

However recently, I did get atad disturbed once at the Chanel boutique . Some one tried to grab my Chanel maxi and said she wanted something like that. The SA apologised to me and directed her to another table. IMO, the Chanel boutique is the best and worst place to carry bags to.

:wtf: I think I would of had a fit! Some people have no manners!!

I'm fine using my chanels without stressing but it's my mum who says "do you really need to take a Chanel bag to do the grocery shopping" :lol:

I actually have 2 non designer bags that I use when going somewhere I don't think it's appropriate or I might be at risk of drawing attention to myself and could put myself in danger. eg a not so great area at night or when I know I'll be getting a taxi home alone etc.

I only not wear my Chanels when I know it's going to rain. They're my every day bags but I admit I DO hide the logo when I feel someone is giving me uninvited attention. But then again, I also take my diamond ring off when I'm in the metro;)