Are you ever finished? Do you ever not long for anything else?

If I had a neverending supply of money, I probably would get something else (like JPG Kelly in croc, for example :whistle:). BUT I don't :sad: so I am done for the time being. I was just rearranging my closet the other day and all my bags (H and non H) were out in plain view. I have to say that I've got pretty much every color and every occasion covered so, at the moment, I am finished and can honestly say that I am not longing for anything else.:wlae:

I think I am "complete" in respect to Hermes accessories... I was on a bit of a quest after purchasing my first Birkin...I "test-drove" several leather accessories...agendas, wallets, etc...I explored scarves...bracelets...oh yes, and belts... I now seem to have the few pieces that are just right for me... In terms of accessories, I prefer to have a few items that are "just right" that I wear on a regular basis... I enjoy going into the boutique and gazing at items on display, but I don't seem to covet them as I am so pleased with the functionality and fit of the pieces I have...

Hmmm...as for bags...I cannot say... I know I am not finished...I am thinking carefully about what is next...but...find it difficult to plan and construct orders... I seem to be more of a potential wish list person...and the spontaneity of a "find" quite pleases me... I so appreciate the opportunity to "try" before I commit...

As my life and taste changes, so do my Hermes desires. BUT I truly think that I'm getting very, very close to being bag complete. For example, I am perfectly content right now with my Birkins. I have three beautiful ones and these three fulfill all my requirements. Gold, Rouge H and Black in three different skins. I have two lovely "evening" bags....one in black Box and one in Chocolate.

I am, however, a Kelly Hound and this is my downfall. The older the bag, the more rare the skin, the more I want it!!! To me, they are like pieces of art.......

And now I'm going through a craving for a little something in color so.........

GUILTY.:yes:
It hasn't happened H-wise for me yet since I'm just getting started :graucho: but it has happened for me regarding Balenciagas. I just bought my forth and I think I'm lying low Bbag-wise from now on because I can't think of anything I really really want.

I think it's great that you are sitting back and enjoying what you already have. It is exciting to be waiting for/lusting after something, but IMO it's equally important to enjoy your collection once in a while so you can fully appreciate it. I feel that many collectors sometimes just keep on acquiring for the sake of expanding their collections that they forget to savor what they've already gotten. :smile:

I am on hold for right now until I get my life in order. I still hope a Kelly and a Bolide are in my future someday. I'm content with my Picotin and I know that in the future I will be able to fulfill my H bag dreams. I am just learning patience I guess and I am appreciating the few remaining pieces of my collection while I dream of a brighter future. :heart:

Noting again, the title of the thread I feel that the word "finished" is not quite accurate;) More like....pausing and feeling happy about the way things are now and open to other pieces in the future....especially H accessories:drool:

Now, likely as not, a wonderful H bag will come into sight and I'll just have to have it *sigh*

I can say...I feel this or feel that but....never say never.....

Thanks for the replies, I see we're all at different "H places" and it's neat to hear about them all.

Ok, this is so totally unrelated, but luxurylife88, I spat out water when I read your sig - too cute for words! :roflmfao: (and boy won't I love to have that same theme too)

If I had a neverending supply of money, I probably would get something else (like JPG Kelly in croc, for example :whistle:). BUT I don't :sad: so I am done for the time being. I was just rearranging my closet the other day and all my bags (H and non H) were out in plain view. I have to say that I've got pretty much every color and every occasion covered so, at the moment, I am finished and can honestly say that I am not longing for anything else.:wlae:

I'll say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

I´m just getting started, but I think I could never say no to H. If there was only a possibility for me to buy one bag and that´s it, I would buy a vintage black box Kelly and I would be satisfied.

Fantastic feeling it must be! You have a beautiful collection.

actually i am so frustrated right now I am sort of ..............:cursing: Hermes. I feel like I cant find/get what I want. I have plenty but I dont feel I have anything really special as in GRAIL level.

I would like to believe that I'll feel content when I get my grail bags, I have a few on my list, but I'm not so sure. I'm just getting started, like so many others, and I'm still exploring all the different colors, leathers and styles. I do know that I'll never get enough of the enamel bracelets. I've had so much fun collecting them and I keep finding new ones to add to my collection :yes: