are you embarrased

I'm just now starting to venture in more expensive bags (for me, that means over $100) and if someone asks, I talk about what a great deal I got. I love telling people how I got my Gryson for nearly 80% off retail price. I don't really mention specifics. If they want the actual number, too bad. It's none of their business how I spend the money I earn. As long as my bills are paid and I contribute to savings/retirement, leftover is fair game.

For me, it totally depends on the person asking. My family never asks...they know I spend my own money and don't care, however, I do have a select friends that like to ask and judge me about it. I used to be honest and tell them, but now I just say it was a gift or it was on sale and leave it at that.

Interesting question. I have friends that get just as excited as I do about a great bag. They know quality when they see it and don't need to ask. On the other hand a good friend that I've known for over 20 years admired my Miu Miu and asked about the price. Unfortunately I answered without thinking and she flipped! Yelled out "$800? Are you crazy?!" in front of everyone in H&M. How rude! I was mortified. I'll never answer that question again.