Are you Bold Enough?//Crazy Customization on my Balenciaga Day.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NORDSTROM WINTER SALE Up to 40% off until February 23rd! Free shipping and free returns! Shop The Sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Wow, she looks much cleaner and newer! Please keep posting your progress! :tup:

2. WOW!! I'm impressed... :nuts: You really cleaned it up!!! :tup: Can't wait to see the final result!!

It looks almost creme in the photos (on my screen) maybe even lighter tassels would do??

3. #48 Jul 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
    Yeah, you're right. In photos it looks like an ivory. Since the tassles I ordered direct from BalNY are so cheap, I probably could play around with different colors. The missoni scarf I ordered is in the signature missoni zigzag print in magenta. I figured bold matching tassles would look really cool.

4. Nice job so far! Great to see an abused bag getting a second chance :tender:

5. wow - you're doing a great job restoring this bag! I'm looking forward to the final result :smile:

6. I can't wait to see this bag!!!!!!!!!

7. Wow! It looks great so far. You will have to tell us step by step what you did and what you used. Was it originally just an ugly faded color or was it dirty? It almost looks like it was bleached from the dye a little since it looks so clean now. Very interesting..:graucho:

8. Would you mind letting me know via this thread or PM how you did the dye job and where I can find instructions "by the book?" I would love to dye my 05 BG Day that is faded to a color similar to yours!!!!

GREAT FRIKKEN JOB!! I love it so far!

9. #54 Jul 4, 2008
    This bag was the worst of both scenarios. DIRTY and Extremely faded. Discoloration throughout the entire bag. Deep pen mark stains and rubbed off areas to boot. I brought it to a shoe repair shop and the man there said the color had literally been stripped from the leather.
    1.) FIRST, I thoroughly cleaned the leather with Weitzman Leather Wipes from Target.

2.)Step 2: I purchased Tarrago Self Shine Dye Kit. It's available all over the internet. (I bought it from my shoe repair guy) It came with everything. The instructions were inside and were SO EASY.
    After cleaning the bag with leather wipes I used the Preparer Formula from the kit. I applied this with round makeup applicator sponges. I used the brush to do the really worn areas on my bag.

3.) Step 3: Was just the dye.

10. WOW... DSTAR!!! Just cleaning it has made a BIG difference!!! What a excellent jOb so far.. can't wait to see the end product!! :nuts:

11. #56 Jul 4, 2008
    I can't stress enough the leather dye kit. $7 a bottle and fabulous results. TONS Of color choices. Even comes in metallic colors. Here's a chart for some of your options. I wanted to dye my bag close to it's original color because of the cotton zipper parts do not take to the dye like the leather does.
    [​IMG]

12. Thank you! I'm totally doing it. Did you buy the kit online or in a fabric store of some sort??

TIA TIA TIA

13. #58 Jul 4, 2008
    I bought the kit from my local shoe repair shop. It's all over the internet though. The color I chose was #40. Seriously, when I recieved the bag this week, it looked like it was laying the dumps. The auction pictures looked much better than its actual condition. I figured it was either back to the garbage for this one, or a shot at dyeing.

14. #40 is smoke gray, I was considering that one too. Thanks!

15. What original color is the balenciaga your considering dyeing?