Are you Bold Enough?//Crazy Customization on my Balenciaga Day.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to throw in my $0.02. I purchased a new light gray Botkier Uma bag yesterday on ebay. It was a super low price because it has a few small defects, the main one of which is a 1" blue ink mark on the outside (boo!) I can't afford to pay full price for designer handbags, so I have to get mine used on eBay, or styles from years ago. And although this one is listed as new, it definitely needs TLC in a few exterior areas.

I love the Botkier Uma bag style and although I will try to get the ink mark as well as the few other dark spots out of it first, if that proves impossible, I want to dye it black. I'm concerned about the ruching, though. It has folds other bags don't, so I think it will need a paintbrush rather than a sponge. If I decide to dye it, I'm going to start by practicing on one of my trash bags I don't care about so I can get my technique down first. I sure don't want to ruin my latest acquisition in the pursuit of saving it :yucky:

2. Looks great.

3. I buy most of my designer bags used, don't feel bad. Can't justify spending the $$$ on a full priced bag.

I think using a paintbrush and practicing is a great idea. I'm getting ready to paint a turquoise Bal with GGH black. But I'm going to try it out on an old Coach first. Good luck!

4. Get some bags from a thrift store or yard sale. I think you will do great with a little practicing.