Are you Bold Enough?//Crazy Customization on my Balenciaga Day.

The final product......

finishedBB.png
I'm so inspired by this!!!!

Hi everyone,

I have a colour-blocked white and black Selma tote, and unfortunately after two years of using it the middle of the white part is extremely dirty and there seems to be a fade in the colour. I've tried baby wipes, MK leather cleaner, and so many other things but it just won't work. The MK associate told me to dye the bag but I'm afraid that I'll ruin the slather quality! Have any of you dyed your bags and seen good results?

Hi everyone,

I have a colour-blocked white and black Selma tote, and unfortunately after two years of using it the middle of the white part is extremely dirty and there seems to be a fade in the colour. I've tried baby wipes, MK leather cleaner, and so many other things but it just won't work. The MK associate told me to dye the bag but I'm afraid that I'll ruin the slather quality! Have any of you dyed your bags and seen good results?
Well I just dyed a balenciaga bag....still a bit of work in progress but I am happy with the results so far. Went from a dirty rose color to black.

What I used :
-Zeliprep leather preparer
-Fiebings black leather dye (penetrating)
-Fiebings leather sheen finish

I used a rag and wiped down the bag with the zeliprep. I then put a coat of the fiebings leather dye on with a wool dauber and a sponge brush. I waited maybe an hour and gave it another coat. The dye dried super quick. I then went around and touched up little spots I may have missed. After it dried I buffed the bag really well with a soft cloth. The bag looked a little metallic but after I put a coat of the fiebings leather sheen finish on, it took the metallic away and turned it to a nice black. :smile: (You can see this in the one photo were I have put the leather sheen on the outside of the bag but not the inside strip which is a muddy metallic color)

I still have to remove the dye from the hardware, which I did not cover during the dye job and moisturize the leather :smile:

How do you add photos in here without a link?

Last edited: