***Are You a V.I.P?***

Like Coco-nut I too am an InCircle member at Neiman Marcus. You become eligible by spending money ... lol. I didn't have to sign up or anything. I didn't even know it existed until I met their quota to be eligible, then they sent me a card and info on the program. I usually just buy bags wherever I see them and never really shop at one store exclusively. I guess it would make sense though to try to buy bags at one store so you get some perks. For instance, NM by me sells Bottega Veneta. However, I bought my ball bag at a Bottega Veneta store. I guess I should have bought it at NM. I just bought a Balenciaga Purse at the Balenciaga store in Manhattan. I guess I should have tried to get it through NM. Oh, well. I'll keep it in mind for the future.

I'm a Printemps Supreme card holder in Paris, which means that you get a voucher for 15% off on the entire store (sales and EVERYTHING) for 5 days where you spent more than €15.

At some stands I'm a favourite client, which means I get little gifts and perks. I hope that one day I'll be special enough to be an LV VIP and go to the presentations with presents. I'd love to have little exclusives.

I'm not sure if it counts but I am a "preferred" customer at Coach. I receive an invitation once a season to a preferred customer event. You get 20% off your entire purchase. I also receive phone calls from the store when new merchandise comes in that I might like and they also keep a wish list for me so DH knows what to buy.

I think lots of people are preferred customers at Coach so I no so sure it's special.

I don't even know if I am VIP, but I saw my braista from Starbucks yesterday at the grocery store and she recognized me- does that count?? :lol:

Megs said:
I don't even know if I am VIP, but I saw my braista from Starbucks yesterday at the grocery store and she recognized me- does that count?? :lol:

LOL... I was a Starbucks VIP too back a couple of years ago, then I transfered to a different part of the city. The people at the new Starbucks were never really smart enough to realize that I was there almost every day.

I wish I was a VIP at LV or Holt Renfrew... maybe someday. I think for LV it really depends on if the SA likes you or not. I think you could spend a fortune there but if your a real ***** you probably won't get the same perks as someone who spend a moderate amount of money but is really sweet. I haven't spent that much money there, but I still got a call the other week from my SA to let me know that they had some runway items that they don't usually get here because it is such a small boutique.

My question is... does it bother anyone else when you buy something at your favorite boutique and they don't take your name? It kind of bugs me to think that I'm spending all that money and I'm not even getting credit for it, so therefore I might never become a VIP. I know there are more important things in life that being a VIP at LV or whatever, but it still kinda annoys me.

whatzerface said:
LOL... I was a Starbucks VIP too back a couple of years ago, then I transfered to a different part of the city. The people at the new Starbucks were never really smart enough to realize that I was there almost every day.

I wish I was a VIP at LV or Holt Renfrew... maybe someday. I think for LV it really depends on if the SA likes you or not. I think you could spend a fortune there but if your a real ***** you probably won't get the same perks as someone who spend a moderate amount of money but is really sweet. I haven't spent that much money there, but I still got a call the other week from my SA to let me know that they had some runway items that they don't usually get here because it is such a small boutique.

My question is... does it bother anyone else when you buy something at your favorite boutique and they don't take your name? It kind of bugs me to think that I'm spending all that money and I'm not even getting credit for it, so therefore I might never become a VIP. I know there are more important things in life that being a VIP at LV or whatever, but it still kinda annoys me.

The people at Holt Renfrew know my name, but I feel bad because my loyalites lay (for the most part at the Banff store) I have always gotten spectacular service with the ladies there...even after a year hiatus from buying LV they still remembered my name when I came to pick something up!

I really only go to Holt to buy make-up (NARS rocks!), clothes for my bf, shoes and the odd bag from another designer.

^^^ I've never been to the Banff store, but I am definatly going to have to make the trip one of these days. (not that it's a big trip from Calgary) They just have bags and accessories though right? No shoes?

whatzerface said:

Do you pay by credit card? If so, or debit, they don't relly need to take your name. It's already onfile. Someone once told me it's best to purchase all of your designer goods on the same card, because it builds up a history and makes it easier to become vip if you spend the right amount. Like say you spend 10,000 a month on one card verse 10,000 on like 5 cards.

purselova34 said:
Do you pay by credit card? If so, or debit, they don't relly need to take your name. It's already onfile. Someone once told me it's best to purchase all of your designer goods on the same card, because it builds up a history and makes it easier to become vip if you spend the right amount. Like say you spend 10,000 a month on one card verse 10,000 on like 5 cards.

I don't think it has anything to do with which card you use. I think they do it by name.

whatzerface said:
^^^ I've never been to the Banff store, but I am definatly going to have to make the trip one of these days. (not that it's a big trip from Calgary) They just have bags and accessories though right? No shoes?

Yes, just bags and accessories...basically the same at HR but with much more stock!

I think VIP or not it's depend on your SA.
As you guy know or not that I am SA and I choosed who is my VIP.
Once a year my company will give me 2 gifts to give to my VIP.
and 2 dinner to go out with my VIP people which mean I can give gift and taking care of 4 people or 4 couples.
For special invitation or trunk show I can selected 10-15 people from my clients book.

Every year VIP or not I choosed from who I like, not how much he/she spend.
I went to have good dinner with 19 years old girl who only spend
1200.00 last year with me and we are so happy and have fun.
I am shy and I can't see myself eatting with all brand name, big diamond VIP woman.

IntlSet- You can be my VIP

GIAGIAJA said:
and 2 dinner to go out with my VIP people which mean I can give gift and taking care of 4 people or 4 couples.
For special invitation or trunk show I can selected 10-15 people from my clients book.

I am shy and I can't see myself eatting with all brand name, big diamond VIP woman.

LOL You are too sweet, GIA! Where do you work? :nuts:

GIAGIAJA said:

This explains so much to me now!!! At some places, I seem to always "win" the gift lotteries, etc... and I always felt that it was rigged because there was no way probability wise that I should win that much loot! (Not that I was complaining!) Personally, I think that SA's should be able to pick their VIPS vice have it be solely out of $$$ spent.