Are you a lover or hater of Gerard Darel's infamous 24 heurs bag

I have this bag in black. As I have posted before, initially when I received it, I didn't know what all the fuss was about. However, as I wore it and it became broken in, I slowly fell in love. The leather is wonderful (I'm a former Balenciaga whore so I am a tad picky about leathers). Very lightweight, looks great hand/arm held as well as shoulder carried. What I liked most was is the simple design and no screaming logos.

Not that this matters, but I did receive compliments while carrying this bag. I have a lot of different bags but only this one and one of my Hayden Harnett (my friend's nanny tried to rip this from my arm actually) have received compliments- I think I have nice bags!

One last thing, I like the fact that you don't see this bag on every other woman around town. I got sick of seeing so many B bags- mainly fake- around the city. As the other poster mentioned about seeing this bag on every middle class person in Paris, I wonder if this brand is like Coach in the US. I am not trying to offend anyone b/c Coach makes some wonderful classic bags, but it's a very well known and often carried brand (Coach) by many.

PS- I forgot how much I paid for this bag- I think about $350 or so. I don't think I would have paid $500 or more. However, for their newer designs, perhaps I would.

I LIKE IT! But here in the Philippines, everyone has a bag that looks like it and one can have it for less than Php 500, which is like $ 10-15.

So buying the real thing for me won't really make a difference because everyone has it! And it would just make me feel bad that they got that bag for a veeeerrrrryyy low price.

I LIKE IT.

ITA with Lionlaw. That was exactly what I was going to mention. GD made a step-down quality line for the US, and that's the one most people are complaining about. In comparision to the version sold in France, it was much thinner and cheaper. I saw some pictures in some threads with the older GDs, before they made this line available, and it truely is stunning.

That said, this bag had made me drool and got me giddy for a good amount of time. I still love it, but my interest has weened down for three reasons: I have a Kenneth Cole that has a similar shape to it, so I can't pull the trigger to fork up $500+ dollars. I have never touched it IRL, but the one time I saw a girl holding one, my blood pressure shot up. And at their price points and my budget, I think I would only buy it on sale. Some lucky bugs here got it for CHEAPP.

Btw, the quilted version for '07 is sooo ... :drool:

So that you can draw your own conclusions, I am providing pictures of three Gerard Darel handbags. The greyish one is what I called the down-market bag ,purchased from Rumor in August and promptly returned. I found it difficult to believe it was an authentic GD considering the difference in quality. Everything about this bag screamed 'Target' including the hardward, leather and stitching. Without actually seeing it IRL and holding it in your hands, the differences may be imperceptible to you.
gdbags001bt3.jpg

gdbags002rj0.jpg

gdbags003ak5.jpg

gdbags004kv3.jpg

gdbags005fs9.jpg

dscn2253lj0.jpg

Hmmm.....Thanks for posting Bag! I can see the difference with the lighter one, it almost looks like PVC. It could have been the color though. Do you like the leather on them, and do you use them?