Are you a leader?

Pinkdancer

Want. Want. Want.
Jun 24, 2006
I was just discussing this with my boyfriend. I'm definitely not. It might be a confidence or insecurity thing, but I prefer when someone else is in charge and I follow along (especially in work situations). It worries me, though, because I wonder if I'll ever be able to work my way up in my career to a Director position (in the distance future, of course).

How about you?

I can be either. I like to be a leader if I definitely know what I'm doing, makes sense lol. If I'm not sure how to go about alot of things, I'll definitely try to be a follower. I feel like I'm really good at dispersing tasks and getting everything organized.

i am not a natural leader. i am not motivated by power and i am not good at organising other people. i will however, step up to lead if absolutely necessary. I am not good at delegating but what i am good at is negotiating. i am a creative person so i am good at sensing how people are feeling and refreshing people's perspectives. i often approach things from a completely different angle so sometimes that can help projects get back on track. i am also good at getting people to work together.

As my brother said in his recent MBA graduation speech, "...good leaders have to be good followers first." I firmly believe this too!

I never really saw myself as a leader until a few times when I just instinctively stepped in and took over the situation in crisis and got stuff delegated and worked out. I later looked back and thought "was that ME who did all that??"

I am, always have been. I think it got ingrained in childhood - I'm the oldest child in my family, and my younger brother was painfully shy when he was little and also had a learning disability. I had to be the one to speak up a lot of times, as a result, and I took it as my duty to protect him. My parents always encouraged me to be confident in my ideas and opinions, as long as I understood why I believed in them, and I eventually had leadership roles in several organizations in school and later in life. I don't have a problem, per se, with authority, but I'm not afraid to challenge it in a constructive way if I believe that what I'm doing is the correct course of action.

My astrological natal chart also bears out a lot of this, if you believe in that stuff ;)