Are you a leader?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was just discussing this with my boyfriend. I'm definitely not. It might be a confidence or insecurity thing, but I prefer when someone else is in charge and I follow along (especially in work situations). It worries me, though, because I wonder if I'll ever be able to work my way up in my career to a Director position (in the distance future, of course).

How about you?

2. I'm not a leader either...I don't really like making decisions or delegating tasks. I don't think I could ever be a leader without being too bossy.

3. I can be either. I like to be a leader if I definitely know what I'm doing, makes sense lol. If I'm not sure how to go about alot of things, I'll definitely try to be a follower. I feel like I'm really good at dispersing tasks and getting everything organized.

4. i am not a natural leader. i am not motivated by power and i am not good at organising other people. i will however, step up to lead if absolutely necessary. I am not good at delegating but what i am good at is negotiating. i am a creative person so i am good at sensing how people are feeling and refreshing people's perspectives. i often approach things from a completely different angle so sometimes that can help projects get back on track. i am also good at getting people to work together.

5. As my brother said in his recent MBA graduation speech, "...good leaders have to be good followers first." I firmly believe this too!

I never really saw myself as a leader until a few times when I just instinctively stepped in and took over the situation in crisis and got stuff delegated and worked out. I later looked back and thought "was that ME who did all that??"

6. I am, always have been. I think it got ingrained in childhood - I'm the oldest child in my family, and my younger brother was painfully shy when he was little and also had a learning disability. I had to be the one to speak up a lot of times, as a result, and I took it as my duty to protect him. My parents always encouraged me to be confident in my ideas and opinions, as long as I understood why I believed in them, and I eventually had leadership roles in several organizations in school and later in life. I don't have a problem, per se, with authority, but I'm not afraid to challenge it in a constructive way if I believe that what I'm doing is the correct course of action.

My astrological natal chart also bears out a lot of this, if you believe in that stuff ;)

7. Same here :yes:

8. Im a leader, but I dont mind following if I get to learn new things.

9. I'm not a leader, yet I'm a horrible follower. I'm more of a lone wolf.

10. i'm a leader. no doubt about it.

11. Only when I know what I'm doing. But most of the time, I'm more of a follower.

12. For better or for worse, I am.

13. I am definitely a leader, but I have no problem following someone who knows more than I do.

14. i am a leader because I find it somewhat annoying just sitting back and not doing anything and letting someone else pull the strings.

15. ^ ITA with that!