Are you a clean freak or it's ok it's not dirty just messy type of person?

Lodpah

Dec 10, 2015
For me i have to have my house clean all the time, I mean like seriously mopping the floors, not once, not twice but sometimes three times at a pass. I grew up that way and i have this old adage in my mind cleanliness is next to godliness but my family is telling me I am way overboard on this.

What about you?

Reactions: Michele26
I wish I was more of a clean freak!
I'm generally find with my apartment being "clean enough". To me, that means I wouldn't be embarrassed allowing a friend or acquaintance into my place if they popped by randomly. I try to keep the floors swept, piles put away, dishes in the dishwasher, and counters wiped, but the windows certainly aren't sparkling :smile:

Oh how I wish I could hire a cleaning service!

Reactions: Lodpah
Yes I am a clean freak and an over the top organized freak.. I wish I wasn't tho. I'm trying to learn that it's not all that important, I can't even stand it when my rugs with the fringes on the ends have to be lined up, so I guess I have a little bit of a problem, lol
I know it but at least I don't wash my hands 100 times a day, only about 99.

I am definitely a clutter bug. I prefer things neat, but I can definitely handle a higher amount of mess.

I do, however, differentiate between clutter and dirt. Things are still clean with me, but may not be put away where they should be.

Yes I am a clean freak and an over the top organized freak.. I wish I wasn't tho. I'm trying to learn that it's not all that important, I can't even stand it when my rugs with the fringes on the ends have to be lined up, so I guess I have a little bit of a problem, lol
I know it but at least I don't wash my hands 100 times a day, only about 99.
Yep, I know what you mean. I mean I'm not obsessed (I think) but I just get all supercalifragilistic . . . but I'm trying. :smile:

Reactions: Docjeun
I wish I was more of a clean freak!
I'm generally find with my apartment being "clean enough". To me, that means I wouldn't be embarrassed allowing a friend or acquaintance into my place if they popped by randomly. I try to keep the floors swept, piles put away, dishes in the dishwasher, and counters wiped, but the windows certainly aren't sparkling :smile:

Oh how I wish I could hire a cleaning service!
Me too. I want a cleaning service but then I'd be worried whether they were using clean towels or wipes . . . I need help :smile:

I clean up for guests, though I hate vacuuming and dusting, but if it's just me, I let things pile up but then I get sick of it, gather it up and deal with it. (And by things, I mean recycling.)

I used to be bad with recycling (letting a spare can/bottle get mixed in with regular trash) then I felt guilty about it so I wait until I have enough for a garbage bag and take it to my building's recycling bin.

Tough question! I like a minimal & neat decor kind of house but it is so difficult to be minimal and neat when there is a five year old in the house! I will admit there are days when I go crazy with the mess but I try to minimise those crazy days!!! I have a weekly cleaning service and she is really god send!

"Benign neglect" is my homie.:cool:

Life with large dog kinda kills any hopes of sterile, hospital-type surfaces.
Other night, he rested a jowl on my knee. Then raised head, leaving trail of clingy slobber--fabric to muzzle.
Probably, he does same to other surfaces around home--don't want to know.:online2long:
He is not allowed on furniture. And endures foot cleaning.

But clutter = no.
Storing piles of junk on floors = no
Vacuuming 2x weekly = yes

Also, I have indoor plants.
Which many consider sources of filth & insect invasions.
But, for me, just seem to grow, clean air & look nice.:flowers: