are you a bulimic shopper?

I could tell you guys some return stories.. you won't believe how nasty people can be. Anyways, i rarely return anything...because when i try things on, i really think if i'm going to wear it.. if my answer is yes, then i just keep it.. I don't second guess myself.

It depends.

Sometimes I have things in the closet that I never wear and return. I always keep things that I've worn.

However, it's a different story with Zappos....I order a whole bunch of shoes and end up returning a lot of them because I have small, narrow feet and most of the time the shoes don't fit me.

Both bulimic and anorexic. Lean times and splurges, I have them all. I need help to control my impulse purchases and purges.

At least it only affects my wallet and not my health.

I don't know if I'm a bulimic shopper... My brother calls me a "recycler" not a shopper. He says that I go to the mall with bags and come back with bags--but just filled with different things!

I'll admit that I do not cut the tags off off ANYTHING until I wear it or use it. Then if it sits in my closet with the tag for a period of time, I realized I must not love it or want it--then back to the store it goes. But I've become more selective lately and I try not to buy unless I TRULY need or LOVE the item. That's reduced the "recycling." :P

I am definitely a bulimic shopper. If I'm undecided about something I'll buy it and take it home. Then I can try it on again, with other items in my wardrobe.

I figure that's better than going back a few days later, after deciding I want the thing, and it's sold out in my size, etc. Then I'm kicking myself.

i only return stuff i buy online, like clothes and shoes that don't fit

in stores, i buy stuff that i know i really want/need. i'd feel bad having to go back to the store the return something, especially if it's a store i like and usually shop at

i've never thought about it like that before but this is exactly what i am. it's probably less than a 1/3 of what i buy goes back, but i like to have the option. (i guess it's the same with editing posts...although i do that more. heheh) and sometimes at the end of a loooong shopping day when i haven't been paying attention i'll realize i overspent...it's a long drive to the mall (2+ hours) so i take back the stuff that i like least before i go home. but i've gotten better at prioritizing and knowing my taste, so that hasn't happened in a while.

i figure if i'm not going to use it, maybe someone else can. what if i got the last color or last one in that size? i've kept things up to a month (without wearing them) before taking them back. besides, it's a waste of money when i can buy something i really want.

the fear of a return black list is why i usually shop at nordstrom and i never ever shop at stores that don't offer returns. it makes me feel better just knowing it's there.

I almost always think about something for a while before I go ahead and buy it. Often the attraction diminishes. Even with this strategy I sometimes make mistakes. Reading about how many of you will return things has made me a bit more adventerous and willing to return things myself. But overall I'm rather cautious.

i am an impulse byer too when shopping alone. it takes me forever to decide too. i sometimes will come home with several items and decide at home. DH laughs at me. but oh well. he just figured out how to keep track of the account online too. i try to hide it from him sometimes but the accounts give me away. must get creative now:graucho:

Nope. Once I decide to buy it, I buy it and I rarely return anything. I think the last thing I returned was a shirt b/c it was smaller than I thought it would be, and, I went in with the intent to get $ back and ended up exchanging it lol. I still have a bunch of stuff that has tags on it, or, makeup barely used, bags used a couple of times...I can't help it! I can't get rid of it either, I keep thinkin g "what if I need it next week?" lol...I think the last thing I bought that I didn't use was shoes, 2 pairs actually. I had to have these heels and never go out anywhere LOL!