Are you a bag snob?

edsbgrl

Smile!
O.G.
Dec 14, 2005
I know that we all love bags here, high and lower end but do you consider yourself a Bag Snob? Particular about one brand or another? Absolutely WON'T buy a certain brand? What's your stance?

I don't have any DB purses and I don't think I will ever get one. I have a tendency to buy one thing from a certain brand, love it then go buy more of the same brand. I haven't liked anything from DB so far but that may change in the future.

I wouldn't say im a bag snob I just like quality bags the price doesn't matter. However I do find my self going into say a Macy's and thinking I just can't buy any of these bags I need something better quality.

I am; but, I qualify that by saying that I am snob about my own likes/dislikes; not about what others choose to carry. Just because I turn my nose up at a bag does not make it a bad bag; it is just not the bag for me.

I'm not. I like all kinds of bags. Not just high-end designer. If I like it, I buy it. I just bought a coach planner tonight that was so on-sale and such a great color that I couldn't resist.

Loganz said:
I am; but, I qualify that by saying that I am snob about my own likes/dislikes; not about what others choose to carry. Just because I turn my nose up at a bag does not make it a bad bag; it is just not the bag for me.

I feel the same way, Loganz and may I add, that as I got older (with increasing income) my taste for the finer handbags increased.

Greenie said:
I'm not. I like all kinds of bags. Not just high-end designer. If I like it, I buy it. I just bought a coach planner tonight that was so on-sale and such a great color that I couldn't resist.

Is that your cat in your avatar this time?

That cat is so regal - I am not sure which I could look at longer handbags or cats?

Loganz said:
Is that your cat in your avatar this time?

That cat is so regal - I am not sure which I could look at longer handbags or cats?

No, unfortunately I pulled that one off the internet. Cute tho, huh? I just loved that it cocked its head like that.

I love the animal pics. We should have an animal showcase too!

I wouldn't say I'm a snob, just picky. A bag has to be exactly what I want for me to buy it. I try not to rule any brands/designers out, and just buy what catches my eye and what I fall in love with, whether it's $10 or $1000.

yeah, i guess i am. i have only designer bags, somehow a no no-name purse has ever gotten me as excited as chanel/gucci/hermes, take your pick. but i can't say i wouldn't buy a bag i really like just because it's not designer.

I might be a bag snob because I notice I outgrew my Guess and Nine West bags already. lol And I don't think I'll ever buy from Dooney unless they bring back their old duck logo.

Cristina said:
I wouldn't say I'm a snob, just picky. A bag has to be exactly what I want for me to buy it. I try not to rule any brands/designers out, and just buy what catches my eye and what I fall in love with, whether it's $10 or $1000.

I'm like that too. I seem to be moving toward more quality bags than trendy bags, that have in my case, been higher quality then trendier bags.