Are wallets really worth it?

I've been wanting the monogram zippy wallet for years but now it's $805. I recently sold 2 older gucci handbags and have enough money to either get the wallet or for a little more I can get a neverfull or another purse. So my question is, are wallets really worth the money or would you rather have a purse?

My opinion only but I would rather have a bag:smile: I did just buy a preloved sunset boulevard which can be bag (small clutch bag) with a detachable strap to be used as a wallet. I justified that to myself since it can be used as both.

I have purchased a few lv wallets that I ended up selling and buying another bag. I actually have a coach patent deep burgundy wristlet wallet I use with my trevi pm, azur speedy and mono speedy bandouliere. That was only 50.00!! Really pretty wallet and goes nicely with each bag.

I would say it depends on what you already have. If you already have enough bags to cover your needs then I would get the wallet. I know it's a lot of money but it is something that you will use everyday in all of your bags. I have an Emilie and really love it, before that I had an International wallet that I used for years. They are well worth the investment.

I don't have any wallets and only 1 bag. I kinda like the neverfull mm cause it comes with the pochette and that can be used as a wallet so for $1260 you get a purse and pochette. Seems like a good deal!

I was in your situation recently, my hubby offered to buy the zippy which I've wanted for years as an anniversary present. When I actually tried it in the boutique I couldn't justify the price although I did love it. I recently bought one preloved for less than half the retail price and I love it - probably more than I would have if I paid full price. Try it at the boutique to make sure you want it, look out got one preloved and while at the store, have a look at the clemence, it's gorgeous, similar and much cheaper! Gl with your decision.

I have a LV monogram wallet that is around 8 years old, and it's peeling ripping all over the place. I think wallets can be worth it if you get something in leather as they hold up better. I personally like collecting wallets because a lot of the time I do errands and just grab my wallet, but if you're someone who always uses bags all the time, then I would suggest to get a nice wallet around a lower price point and put aside the rest of your money towards your next handbag purchase.

Going through this exact same. Thing right now! I just got my first DE SLG! Zippy compact wallet, I have another two weeks to decide if I want to keep it OR get another speedy 30 in DE for a little more! I have a mono zippy organizer and love it but don't have that many Wallets. Sigh- not sure what to so- also the zcw is MIF so that makes it a little tougher!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

I also think it depends on what you currently have. If you have the bag basis covered then wallet would be my next purchase. I bought several bags first then came the wallet - slg's.

I have a few LV wallets and when I am using them - I love them. However, I do not use them nearly enough to make them worth the money. Given the chance to go back in time I would have definitely used the money to fund another bag instead of a wallet.
Unless you feel that you have enough bags and would prefer to have an item to put inside your current bags.
Good luck deciding!

IMO, wallets are totally worth it. I currently have 6 and plan to get at least a couple more this year. However, I would probably get them AFTER I've purchased all the bags that I wanted first.

I also think it depends on what you currently have. If you have the bag basis covered then wallet would be my next purchase. I bought several bags first then came the wallet - slg's.

+1. I didn't purchase an LV wallet until this year after I was semi-satisfied with the bags I had. I bought a cles a few years ago to get me by and I've loved/worn it to death. I bought a Josephine, one of the least expensive wallets they offer and it's been great!

Oh girl, I love the LV wallets. I've been collecting them as I collect handbags. I started out with the White Multicolore Zippy wallet because it coordinates with so many handbags! Got that one pre-loved in excellent condition. Testing the waters you might say. :lol:

Then as my collection progressed I began to just add the matching wallet to the handbag.

I've discovered some great wallets that you don't hear much about. Like the Elysee wallet in Quetsche to match my Pallas in Quetsche.

Or the Dauphine to go with my Magnolia Soft Lockit. This particular match up is my absolute favorite. The leather is so luxurious on both.

Spending this much for a wallet is definitely a personal decision. Personally, I hope you get one! You'll love it! :love:

I've quite a few wallets. I used my multicolour one for 10 years and only changed to am Emp leather one because I don't use my multicolour items on a regular basis and now use my Emp bags daily. My wallets have always held up very well and touch wood, I've never had to have them repaired.

I have the long zippy Emp wallet but the small compact wallet is really good too. Suppose it's really what suits you. The long zippy wallets can be hand held when you just pop to the shops and as long as you don't over stuff it, you can get your phone in it too.

The wallet you'll use on a daily basis but would you use the new bag as much? And would you still need a wallet?