Are wallets and accessories too expensive?

I got a couple of MJ wallets at Century 21 last time I was in NY, and have been happy with them. Cause they're so cheap, I don't care about throwing them around! I'm going back NY soon, so I'm hoping to pick up a few more!

Personally, I love to match my bags with wallets... but I've only been able to do it with two. My Dooney and Bourke Bee Barrel has a wallet in its print... but it's $165!!!! That's $10 more than the bag itself! D: I could never afford to get a wallet for that much money... nor would I really want to!

I throw my wallet around, and it still looks great and hasn't cracked a stitch. Plus it was cheap, about $20, from J.Crew. I've had it for two years, and I can't really understand why that would be a long time for a wallet? Haven't had much experience wallet-buying, but anything that breaks under a year imo is bad quality.

On another note, my dad has a Pierre Cardin wallet that he's used religiously for about twenty years. It's starting to fray, but is still holding up admirably.

Yes wallets are way to expensive. It is a good thing I am picky about my wallet or I would have a lot more. I have to have a spot for my ID. The wallet I have now is a Coach and I love it. It has the ID slot on the very back. So when I am asked for ID I do not have to look for it and pull it out. It is right there. I wish more wallets were like that.

I agree brand name wallets are quite expensive, you can buy a bag with it! I have a LV lilac epi wallet which gets dirty very easily so I didn't think it was worth the money. I also have an old black patent Cartier wallet which I pretty much tortured =P I really like the LV vernis wallet but I much rather buy a bag. Why don't you try Coach, Luella, MJ wallets? They're pretty cute too but they won't burn a hole in your wallet =)