are u a romantic or a realist?

1. Do you get all starry-eyed at the thought of moonlit walks on the beach, dinner by candlelight, and/or snuggling on the sofa watching old movies with a fire in the fireplace while it pours down rain outside? Or does romantic twaddle like that make you laugh like a hyena? Cards with poems in them or cards that poke fun at you for getting older? A dozen red roses or a gift certificate to Borders?

just curious, part deux

2. Oh my! Don't laugh! I am a hopeless romantic!!!! I love cards with poem, and the roses, and everything you mentioned! lol! My friends think I should wake up, because according to them I will not find someone that thinks like me!

3. I'm 50/50...I use to be a romantic but, after 18 yrs of marriage, the realist side caught up. DH is more of a romantic than I am?!:upsidedown:

4. im a hopeless romantic.. i really am love it all

and thankfully so is sooooo sweet and so he really plays teh romantic part..

5. Reading that made me laugh! :P :P That is the same thing my mom thinks! She has being married for 20 years.

6. I'm a complete realist. I don't like roses, they die and drop petals everywhere. Sheesh.... :rolleyes:

For our wedding, DH and I had trouble finding vows we could say with a straight face. Can't stand all that romantic stuff. I can put up with funny romantic, but not sappy romantic.

7. :yes: I like you!

8. That's me.

9. I am a romantic...I try hard not to be becuase my SO is not. I keep telling myself it is all nonsense. But at heart I know I am a romantic.

10. No romance here....roses die, cards get thrown away. Take me to a Stones concert or a walk along Michigan Avenue and I'm a happy girl!

11. Romantic once in a while but I'm definitely more of a realist.

12. Both, I have been married a long time.:rolleyes:

13. Me too....not quite 18 years, yet. Will be 14 next month.

DH often surpises me with flowers and notes tucked into my bag, pillow, etc.
    I know how lucky I am, so I do the same....but he is better at it than I...

14. Hmmm, I want romantic things to happen, but I'm realistic that most of the time it'll never happen. lol

15. 100% realist but also sentimental. Overly romantic stuff is a bit sickening to me... like that SATC episode with Carrie and the Russian!

My BF however is an absolute hopeless romantic! Poor guy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice