Are these two Kerastase products OK for my hair type?

Crystalina

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Hmmmm.....

I have NEVER used Kerastase before and don't always trust the receptionist at the front of the salon to help me pick.

I have VERY fine hair, but LOTS of it. I have blonde highlights with a few light brown low-lights, but I worry about picking the shampoos for color treated hair b/c I have found they often coat my hair or eventually make my hair limp and oily.

I went to the Kerastase website and picked two shampoos that I think might work, and wanted your opions on my choice, considering my hair type:

1. Bain Satin 2
2. Bain de Force

I was planning on buying BOTH, since I like to change up shampoos and don't like using the same one all the time.

So what do you think? Good choices?

it's good for colored hair, but could be heavy if your hair is fine and easily weighed down.
Do you have a lot of damage?

Hi, Swanky!

Hmmm...well, I'm not sure if it's damaged (no split ends or anything), but it is dry, so I guess it isn't as healthy as it should be.

My highlights and lowlights are mostly on the top and sides of my head, whereas the bottom part is colored brown and not dry at all.

The problem I usually have is that my hair is so VERY fine, almost like a baby's LOL, that I worry about not getting enough volume. However, I worry that a shampoo that's less moisturizing will open the hair cuticle too much and destroy my lowlights.

It's so confusing!!!

I have the same hair type as you (baby fine and a ton of it), and I use the bain de force and I like it a lot. I don't think you'll like the bain satin, I've used it before and I found it to be kind of harsh (my hair is also color treated). I still have half a bottle and I only use it if I have SERIOUS product build up. If you want to try two different ones you might want to consider the chroma riche (pink). I don't find build up/weighing down to be a problem with that one.

I have the same hair type as you (baby fine and a ton of it), and I use the bain de force and I like it a lot. I don't think you'll like the bain satin, I've used it before and I found it to be kind of harsh (my hair is also color treated). I still have half a bottle and I only use it if I have SERIOUS product build up. If you want to try two different ones you might want to consider the chroma riche (pink). I don't find build up/weighing down to be a problem with that one.

This is GREAT information! I will pick up a Bain de Force and a Chroma Riche on Monday! Thanks for the tip! :tup: