Are these shoes worth $210 to you?

Jun 26, 2007
Hi guys,

I saw these shoes back in March and I've been lusting after them ever since. However they are $210 and I'm not sure if I'm willing to shell out that much..I've never been a big spender on shoes, it's something I just can't bring myself to do. I'm more of a clearance rack kinda girl, since I'm only 19 and still in college..don't really have a lot of cash at my disposal!

I'm wondering if I should just splurge on these sandals or should I wait until they go on sale? They are currently being sold at Cusp, Shop Bop and Nordstrom..I know Nordstrom has their huge sales in June/July but I wonder if these shoes will be there then?

_5589233.jpg

_5589271.jpg

_5589308.jpg

_5589309.jpg

They are from "Pour La Victoire", called the "Dominique" sandal. They have a 4.5 inch heel and a 1inch platform, so it's really like walking on a 3.5 inch heel, I guess? lol

They aren't my bag at all because I'd break my neck in those.....the thing is if they have them in that many places they may still have them when the sales come round, or you could look on the deals and steals board and find a code to get some discount off the current price if you don't want to risk waiting

If they are something you will regret not haivng, then they are worth the splurge. If you are the kind of person who will have a new obsession in another month, then let them go, but if not finding them in the proper size on the sale racks will haunt you then you really ought to indulge. I've passed up things on occasion that I've regretted ever since.

I read in Lucky mag that Pour la Victoire shoes were going to be the next big thing. I'm not familiar with the brand, so I don't know how comfy they are. But these neutral, beige shoes...so they should go with everything. If they're indeed comfy, you should get a lot of use out of them.

I really like them. I've never heard of that brand. If it's not too much of a stretch on your budget I'd say they are worth it, but that all depends on how much you can afford to spend and how much wear you'll get out of them.

I think that they are worth it. But what I think doesn't matter. They have to be worth it to you. Have you seen them/ tried them on IRL? I only ask because if your not absolutely in love with them in every which way. Then I say hold off until they go on sale. Besides if they are being sold at all of those stores then one is bound to have your size, even if you hold off for a little while.

You don't want to get them after wanting them for so long-> only to feel buyers remorse everytime you look at them. Especially when you wanted them really bad and for a long time. They end up being tainted with regret, this way; and you end up not really enjoying them

So only get them now ->if you are really in love with them and you know that they are worth having to cut back some other expenses (At least for a while) in order to get them JMO hope everything works out

Are you going to wear them a lot? Or just wear them once in a while? If that's the case, wait til they go on sale. Put the money towards your education or a good pair of classic shoes that won't go out of style and will last you til you graduate (and then some). When buying shoes, buy the best you can afford, in order that you don't damage your feet.

However, if you truly do love them and need them right now, go for it. You might need to give up something else for them. Just not food or rent or bills. Those are the important things.

And there's the old adage of if they're meant to be yours, they will be - at the right price. I passed on quite a few shoes I liked, and when sale time came, guess what - they were mine.