Are these Chanel pumps the perfect bday present or...

summergal2121

Sep 29, 2012
Hi everyone!

So my birthday is coming up, so I've decided to treat myself :smile:

Last year I bought a pair of red platform pumps with the Vara bow from Ferragamo.

This year I'm thinking of buying a pair of Chanel pumps
http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fashion...ith-a-chain-inlaid.14B.G30007X01000C6993.html

I'm currently having the one in black being sent to my Nordys.

But I'm not 10000% on board in buying these shoes so I was hoping y'all can help me out a bit.

1) I do have two Chanel bags and a wallet- so I do own lambskin but I don't have any lambskin shoes. The only real leather shoe I have is from Cole Haan and I'm 99% sure thats cow.
How durable is lambskin for shoe?
When it comes to my Chanel handbags I generally keep them in my closet (I know I should use them more)- especially ever since I got a little scratch on my quilted wallet.
Being someone who walks I want to buy a pair of shoes that can handle the wear and tear of someone who does walk.

2) So going off of one- would anyone recommend a different pair of shoes? I did think about Manolo's Campy or Campari- but...I'm thinking of staying away from patent leather because 1) my last two designer shoe purchase (Ferragamo and Lanvin) were patent and 2) from experience I was told that non-patent leather is much easier to fix than patent leather and as someone who gets nicks in her shoes easily (as I said I'm a walker) I need to be able to have my shoes be fixed.

3) I'm also debating between navy or black. I went with black because- you can never ever go wrong with black. Yet the navy was what I tried on at the store and walked around many times since my SA was searching the whole Nordys for the pair of the black for about 15 minutes, thus I got some nice quality time with it. The navy does have that subtle pop of color that black doesn't. Also black seems like it would show wear and tear more- does anyone else agree/notice that too?

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!!! :smile:

So I just went to Neiman Marcus to check out what they have...

The SA there told me that Chanel's lambskin is the softest when it comes to leather shoes and thus more probable to tears and what not- he recommends his customers to have a "driving" pair of shoes and what not when they wear out their Chanels. Sorry I don't have room in my bag to walk around with two pair of shoes.

So...anyone have a pair of Chanel lambskin heels? Can you tell me what your opinions are? Pretty please :smile:

Really, does no one on this forum own a pair of Chanel pumps?

any help would be greatly appreciate since I'm on the verge of returning them as it doesn't seem like they are going to be the best "fit" for me.

Actual fit- they are SOOOOOOO comfortable!

But- because of the delicate nature of lambskin, I am weary about the easy wear...

Sorry you haven't gotten any replies yet.. I have a few Chanel flats but don't own a pair of Lambskin pumps. I would highly suggest posting this in one of the Chanel threads. Good luck!

Sorry you haven't gotten any replies yet.. I have a few Chanel flats but don't own a pair of Lambskin pumps. I would highly suggest posting this in one of the Chanel threads. Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion!

I hope you're enjoying your flats! I really wanted a pair many years ago when they had the black with the white Chanel logo on them, but at the time I wasn't in the position of spending about $800 on a pair of flats :P

Thanks for the suggestion!

I hope you're enjoying your flats! I really wanted a pair many years ago when they had the black with the white Chanel logo on them, but at the time I wasn't in the position of spending about $800 on a pair of flats :P

I totally understand! Lol and thank you I am, they're so comfortable! Most were a gift from my mother in law when she bought them in 2 sizes too big (39 when she was a 37) just because she was in love with the styles and was in hopes of using padding to wear them. Luckily for me it didn't work for her and I was a 39! Lol anywho, best of luck and hope you find a pair you love!

I totally understand! Lol and thank you I am, they're so comfortable! Most were a gift from my mother in law when she bought them in 2 sizes too big (39 when she was a 37) just because she was in love with the styles and was in hopes of using padding to wear them. Luckily for me it didn't work for her and I was a 39! Lol anywho, best of luck and hope you find a pair you love!

That is perfeccctttt! :smile: So jealous!

How is the wear on the flats? Is the leather the same soft lambskin as they use for their handbags?

I was just really surprised with the pumps I purchased because the shoe showed right away the creases of my wear- I understand that some crease will show but I didnt have them on for 5 minutes and at the top the leather was already bunching up. The fit was so comfy for a platform and the chain detail is perfectionnnnn but at the same time- with my nature (my Chanel bags are carefully hidden in my closet :P) if the shoes are too delicate, they're not going to be worn :sad: and thats not a good way to spend my money (hheelllllllloooo point of reason and being past the age of 'oh I gotta have that because its beauutttiiifffullllll :P)

That is perfeccctttt! :smile: So jealous!

How is the wear on the flats? Is the leather the same soft lambskin as they use for their handbags?

I was just really surprised with the pumps I purchased because the shoe showed right away the creases of my wear- I understand that some crease will show but I didnt have them on for 5 minutes and at the top the leather was already bunching up. The fit was so comfy for a platform and the chain detail is perfectionnnnn but at the same time- with my nature (my Chanel bags are carefully hidden in my closet :P) if the shoes are too delicate, they're not going to be worn :sad: and thats not a good way to spend my money (hheelllllllloooo point of reason and being past the age of 'oh I gotta have that because its beauutttiiifffullllll :P)

I completely agree with you. If I saw the shoes were creasing right away I would avoid wearing them too. Mine are made out of patent leather (on the backside) and toward the front is this stretchy leather material (not Lambskin though so I am really not sure) and the cap of the toe is also patent with a tiny/simple CC. I wear mine at least a few times a month and the patent and stretchy material really holds up. I can't really vouch for Lambskin shoes because I've never owned a pair, but if I were you I would just go with my gut! Maybe someone in the chanel thread could help you in that regard because I'm sure someone somewhere on tpf owns a pair! C'mon ladies where are you?! Lol So if you don't think you'd get enough wear for the buck, I would return them. But hold on to them till you get a few more opinions, I'm far from an expert!

I completely agree with you. If I saw the shoes were creasing right away I would avoid wearing them too. Mine are made out of patent leather (on the backside) and toward the front is this stretchy leather material (not Lambskin though so I am really not sure) and the cap of the toe is also patent with a tiny/simple CC. I wear mine at least a few times a month and the patent and stretchy material really holds up. I can't really vouch for Lambskin shoes because I've never owned a pair, but if I were you I would just go with my gut! Maybe someone in the chanel thread could help you in that regard because I'm sure someone somewhere on tpf owns a pair! C'mon ladies where are you?! Lol So if you don't think you'd get enough wear for the buck, I would return them. But hold on to them till you get a few more opinions, I'm far from an expert!
Thanks again for replying despite your insistence that you're not an expert- its great to get some feedback :smile:

Hi everyone!

So my birthday is coming up, so I've decided to treat myself :smile:

Last year I bought a pair of red platform pumps with the Vara bow from Ferragamo.

This year I'm thinking of buying a pair of Chanel pumps
http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fashion...ith-a-chain-inlaid.14B.G30007X01000C6993.html

I'm currently having the one in black being sent to my Nordys.

But I'm not 10000% on board in buying these shoes so I was hoping y'all can help me out a bit.

1) I do have two Chanel bags and a wallet- so I do own lambskin but I don't have any lambskin shoes. The only real leather shoe I have is from Cole Haan and I'm 99% sure thats cow.
How durable is lambskin for shoe?
When it comes to my Chanel handbags I generally keep them in my closet (I know I should use them more)- especially ever since I got a little scratch on my quilted wallet.
Being someone who walks I want to buy a pair of shoes that can handle the wear and tear of someone who does walk.

2) So going off of one- would anyone recommend a different pair of shoes? I did think about Manolo's Campy or Campari- but...I'm thinking of staying away from patent leather because 1) my last two designer shoe purchase (Ferragamo and Lanvin) were patent and 2) from experience I was told that non-patent leather is much easier to fix than patent leather and as someone who gets nicks in her shoes easily (as I said I'm a walker) I need to be able to have my shoes be fixed.

3) I'm also debating between navy or black. I went with black because- you can never ever go wrong with black. Yet the navy was what I tried on at the store and walked around many times since my SA was searching the whole Nordys for the pair of the black for about 15 minutes, thus I got some nice quality time with it. The navy does have that subtle pop of color that black doesn't. Also black seems like it would show wear and tear more- does anyone else agree/notice that too?

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!!! :smile:

Hi! I can help provide my input... I am major Chanel shoe fan... pumps, ballets, flats, sandals... I own lambskin pumps and love them. They are super comfortable.

That said, my honest opinion... you should return them. I wear a Chanel bag and shoe 95% of the time. You have Chanel bags that you don't even use, so you are going to waste money on a pair of Chanel shoes. A shoe is definitely going to get worn, lamb or calf.

On the lambskin pumps itself... they are very soft and they do crease. But that is the elegance of them which I love. They are not stiff like calf. I have worn out lambskin pumps and ballets and it is mainly around the front inside of the upper foot and also the outside of the bottom, near the heel. It's just my wear pattern I suppose.

I think if you keep these shoes, you need to wear them and not panic if you have a crease or a scuff. If you can livve with that, keep them.

On the style of the shoe itself... for me, if I were a walker, I would not buy them. I am a walker too (e.g. big NYC sidewalks with grates!), and no way could I walk in 95mm heels. 95mm is super high to me. Plus, are these shoes you want to buy for fashion or keep a long time? The platform style is not going to last, it's more a trend. I would personally stay with a single sole vs a platform. Chanel makes some beautiful single soles shoes that you can get in 85mm which I think is a better height. That 10mm makes a huge difference!

If you decide to return them, some other ideas... the 5% of the time when I'm not wearing Chanel... I'm in Roger Vivier or CL. For Roger Vivier, I love their classic Belle pump. It is gorgeous and very unique because of the big buckle. That pump is for sure a classic as it has been around for years. It also comes in various heels heights, so you can choose. I have walked hours in NYC and London in my Roger Vivier pumps. CL is not usually for me as the heels are too high and I do not like the platform pumps. But.. the style I love that is super comfy is Simple. It is a classic round toe pump with a straight skinny heel. It also comes in various heels heights. Looks gorgeous and that red sole makes it very pretty. Simple is super comfy too as the toe box is bigger than other CL pumps (which I've gotten rid of the other styles as they hurt my feet).

Keep checking Chanel too.. they have gorgeous shoes and you can wear your Chanel bag and shoes and look gorgeous! Take your bags out!
By the way, if you like boots... Chanel has a beautiful boot 85mm heel that just came out. It is knee high, black with a CC patent toe. You may like that one too and it'll be great for fall/winter walking.
That was my honest opinion... I hope this helps... good luck to you and Happy Birthday!

Hi! I can help provide my input... I am major Chanel shoe fan... pumps, ballets, flats, sandals... I own lambskin pumps and love them. They are super comfortable.

That said, my honest opinion... you should return them. I wear a Chanel bag and shoe 95% of the time. You have Chanel bags that you don't even use, so you are going to waste money on a pair of Chanel shoes. A shoe is definitely going to get worn, lamb or calf.

On the lambskin pumps itself... they are very soft and they do crease. But that is the elegance of them which I love. They are not stiff like calf. I have worn out lambskin pumps and ballets and it is mainly around the front inside of the upper foot and also the outside of the bottom, near the heel. It's just my wear pattern I suppose.

I think if you keep these shoes, you need to wear them and not panic if you have a crease or a scuff. If you can livve with that, keep them.

On the style of the shoe itself... for me, if I were a walker, I would not buy them. I am a walker too (e.g. big NYC sidewalks with grates!), and no way could I walk in 95mm heels. 95mm is super high to me. Plus, are these shoes you want to buy for fashion or keep a long time? The platform style is not going to last, it's more a trend. I would personally stay with a single sole vs a platform. Chanel makes some beautiful single soles shoes that you can get in 85mm which I think is a better height. That 10mm makes a huge difference!

If you decide to return them, some other ideas... the 5% of the time when I'm not wearing Chanel... I'm in Roger Vivier or CL. For Roger Vivier, I love their classic Belle pump. It is gorgeous and very unique because of the big buckle. That pump is for sure a classic as it has been around for years. It also comes in various heels heights, so you can choose. I have walked hours in NYC and London in my Roger Vivier pumps. CL is not usually for me as the heels are too high and I do not like the platform pumps. But.. the style I love that is super comfy is Simple. It is a classic round toe pump with a straight skinny heel. It also comes in various heels heights. Looks gorgeous and that red sole makes it very pretty. Simple is super comfy too as the toe box is bigger than other CL pumps (which I've gotten rid of the other styles as they hurt my feet).

Keep checking Chanel too.. they have gorgeous shoes and you can wear your Chanel bag and shoes and look gorgeous! Take your bags out!
By the way, if you like boots... Chanel has a beautiful boot 85mm heel that just came out. It is knee high, black with a CC patent toe. You may like that one too and it'll be great for fall/winter walking.
That was my honest opinion... I hope this helps... good luck to you and Happy Birthday!
Ah! Thank you so much for your reply!!!!!

Ha- I know I need to use my Chanel bags more, I do take them with me when I visit my grandparents (they're the ones who bought it for me & live out of the country) and use it every single day while I'm there- but they've told me that they aren't buying me anymore Chanel goods unless its something I use daily :P (I need to use my bags more)

My biggest concern with the lambskin was with how delicate it seemed to be- I get that shoes get creases, that they get scuffed, but the good thing about leather (and good shoes) is that you can repair them. I have a pair of Cole Haan that got nicked last year and a cobbler was able to repair it for $5- CH is calfskin so the leather isn't as soft and it has a great wear- I love the shoe. I have a pair of patent Ferragamo platforms- the manager there recommend it saying patent is a great leather that its easy to take care of- but forgot to mention that its not the best to repair- I didnt know that till well...later :P

But point being my concern with lambskin was- comparing it to calfskin would it be more susceptible to daily wear. Again creases and scuffs- I get it, if you use it, it shows :smile:

But the shoe itself- being a platform and comparing it to other companies- i.e. Louboutin, is soooooooooo comfy and I love the thick heel!

btw I've tried the Simple- eh its okay, but for the CL price point I'm not impressed with it, thanks for the recommendation though!

Anyway thanks for the long post!! It definitely helped! :smile:

(also can you tell I havent had my morning coffee yet- I feel like this reply was all over the place...)

I believe these are on sale already. I have lambskin pumps you need to be extremely careful or they will get scratched up very easy. I've worn mine to a wedding and baby shower. If you are a 40 in Chanel flats then if do a 41 in pumps as a example

I believe these are on sale already. I have lambskin pumps you need to be extremely careful or they will get scratched up very easy. I've worn mine to a wedding and baby shower. If you are a 40 in Chanel flats then if do a 41 in pumps as a example
The exact thing I was wondering about!

That was what I was worried about- as I said previously- I get that shoes scuff up, scrunch up, etc, etc, but for the price point about $1075 with tax, I don't want to have to baby them- and I know that un-patented leather, so calfskin and lambskin leather is easier to repair compared to patent but at the same time I don't want to have to worry about each step -

And mine wasn't on sale...I've actually never seen Chanel shoes on sale at my Nordys...has anyone else?

The exact thing I was wondering about!

That was what I was worried about- as I said previously- I get that shoes scuff up, scrunch up, etc, etc, but for the price point about $1075 with tax, I don't want to have to baby them- and I know that un-patented leather, so calfskin and lambskin leather is easier to repair compared to patent but at the same time I don't want to have to worry about each step -

And mine wasn't on sale...I've actually never seen Chanel shoes on sale at my Nordys...has anyone else?

Yes! There has just been a huge sale on shoes, seasonal bags, rtw and jewelry. It's too late now but if you look in the show us your sale stuff-not sure of the exact name of thread you'll see what everyone got on sale