are these 2 stams same kind of leather?matte or patent

if the stam i am ordering looks like the first pic,i will be quite happy with it. i am worrying if it is darker than i thought...

I personally bought a Fall 06 Black Stam during Nordstrom's first delivery several months ago -- it was not as matte as the later Fall 06 Black Stam shipments. I just checked NAP's 2 Black Stam listings, both are for Fall 2006 Stams ($1275). Do you notice the differences between them?

Marc Jacobs Leather Stam Bag - NET-A-PORTER.COM
cu.jpg

Marc Jacobs Leather Stam bag - NET-A-PORTER.COM
cu.jpg

yes, this year's most recent release has lighter colored stitching... my SA doesn't like it at all. I do like the polished gold hardware as opposed to the antiqued gold.

Personally saw Black Stams from both batches (same season, Fall 06) at local stores here, there are obvious differences (see below) in Fall 06' Black Stams -- not all of them are matte.

Picture#1 depicts the Black Stams from Nordstrom's 1st Fall 06 delivery:
Marc Jacobs Leather Stam Bag - NET-A-PORTER.COM
- has some sheen to it (not as much as Icy version)
- dark leather so the darker stitching blends in more

Picture #2 shows the Black Stams from later Fall 06 shipments:
- very matte (dull to me)
- leather's not very dark (ie not jet-black) so the lighter stitching stands out even more (doesn't blend in the bag as much)

that is what i am worrying,what can i do???

Which link did you order your Black Stam from? Provided that the Stam being sent out is exactly the same as the up-close pictures, this is the shinier/darker version (1st batch of Fall 06 Black Stams) that you & I like. =)
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/16800

This is the dull/matte version (later batch of Fall 06 Black Stams)

With mail order, we don't have the choice of seeing the items in front of us. Does NAP have a comment section for special request?