Are there moments where your DH, boyfriend or Maid help you carry your LV?

Crazy Bag

Loves LV
O.G.
Sep 10, 2007
If yes, do you set rules?

I have this over-zealous domestic helper. She is so eager, kind and hardworking. She has been with me for 3 years. She always grabs the chance to carry my bag even when I say no thank you, I can carry it myself. No matter how I explain to her, she will think that I may be unhappy with her work performance etc.(can't blame her, she takes pride in what she does and she keeps thinking that carrying my bag is her job). There were many times, her hands were wet and she held my bag [FONT=&quot]enthusiastically and I was like:wtf:. Also, she holds my bag like a plastic bag :Push:, really painful. I always try to make these moments short. I really don't want to tell her my bags are so expensive because then it may lead her to think of other things. She is a nice girl and I want to keep her motivated but not sure how to do it... Does anyone have bf or dh that helps carry and do you set rules for them too?? what rules do you set?:confused1:
[/FONT]

Ha ha...luxury has a price. I always tell her not to hold my bag but sometimes eg. I reach back home, place the bag on my bed and she shifts it to the table because she needs to do something or in the resturant, bag behinds me...she gets a chair quickly and lifts up my bag and plonks it onto the chair etc etc...so I think I want to set some rules ;) hopefully the rules come across relax and not too harsh and can be more full-proof to protect my bags HA HA

^^ Ha ha ...my dh also never believes in carrying my bag..I told him, he will be the new age sensitive guy but he tells me forget it, he rather be a male C.P. He is always very tickled when he sees my maid trying to help me out and me rejecting the offer...I try not to carry my speedies when I am out with the maid else I won't have opportunities to sling it on myself and reject her help.

well, my bf learns as we go. :biggrin: he now knows not to hang my straps on the baby stroller handles :nogood:
and he now knows how to hold my perfo speedy so the nice details show when he walks, not hidden facing his side. :biggrin:
i think he kinda likes holding my purses because he gets way more compliments on them compared to when i carry them.

If yes, do you set rules?

[FONT=&quot]. Also, she holds my bag like a plastic bag :Push:, really painful. I always try to make these moments short. I really don't want to tell her my bags are so expensive because then it may lead her to think of other things.... [/FONT]

I was surprised to read such a posting.

First of all, I would feel uncomfortable if I had someone working for me that I did not want to know the value of my handbags because "it may lead them to think other things." I would have to trust the person that stayed in my home as a domestic employee (kinder wording than maid); however, I do not live with this situation so I would be of little help to you as far as offering suggestions or advice. However, perhaps you should hire someone that you feel comfortable in setting household and personal rules with as well as someone you can trust that would not steal from you once they became aware of the value of your personal belongings. Your other option would be to see if you could handle or would prefer ADL without this individual, or maybe only on a part time basis rather than a constant, full-time basis. Good Luck with your situation.

^
Hi Southerncharm,

Sorry if it has offended you but it is common to refer Domestic helpers as maids in Singapore and definitely it is not demeaning to their scope of work or what they do as a living. I actually type domestic workers(DW)... in the thread but it was too long...so I changed it to a common term used here in my country..

Sorry if I had mis-represented here...I trust my DW alot and have alot of respect for her -- which is why I think about it and wrote this thread (maybe I should not have done it). When I say think of other things....I don't mean steal etc.. I meant I did not want to make her feel demoralised or inferior that she cannot afford since she is very young. It never cross my mind that she would steal from me!!!!

In my case, I let my mom carry my LV's. The only other person I let touch or hold/carry my LVs is my best buddy since he knows LV and appreciates it greatly.:yes: My other friends are too clumsy so I keep my LVs a mile away from them:P

my bf only holds my purse when i have to go to a public bathroom or something :P sometimes i ask him if his hands are clean ;)
he can carry the shopping bags when we go shopping, so i can carry louis!!

^^ Ha ha ...my dh also never believes in carrying my bag..I told him, he will be the new age sensitive guy but he tells me forget it, he rather be a male C.P. He is always very tickled when he sees my maid trying to help me out and me rejecting the offer...I try not to carry my speedies when I am out with the maid else I won't have opportunities to sling it on myself and reject her help.

Why do you take your employee out with you? I live in a country too where most people employ domestic workers. One thing I can't stand to see is when they are out shopping or the like and that poor girl is running behind them carrying babies, shopping bags, hand bags, etc. That's what I meant in my previous post : problem of luxury. If you choose to take your employee with you everywhere you'll have to deal with those "problems".

^ Oh! Actually she loves going out with me..She usually ask me whether I can bring her along ;) She doesn't really runs behind me or what...I hate those scenes too...In fact, many times, she walks with me like any colleague would, I let her join upgrading courses when she wants to, etc. I want to be more sensitive to her feelings hence, I wonder whether there is a easier way to let her know how to handle my bags...anyway, thanks for your feedbacks..I guess I should just leave the case as it is and deal with it ;)