Are there many lightweight MJ bags out there?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi- I just got my first MJ bag, the Lovely Lily Satchel and I love it. Are there any other MJ bags that are lightweight like this one and not heavy to carry once you put all the stuff in them? I would love expert opinions and suggestions. Thanks!!

2. I'm not an expert, but would say anything in the "so cool" range is pretty light! Especially one like the gray where there's hardly any hardwear

3. there are lots now that the chains have been hollowed out and the linings switched to canvas. the mercer line (knots) used a lighter, thinner leather and the mp even had a flat strap which is easier on the shoulders. the entire so cool line is much lighter too. did you have a particular style in mind? are you looking for just mbmj?

4. I have an mj mercer large multipocket lined in linen and it is soooo light and has the BEST comfiest strap!

5. You are so right, the mbmj line. I am open to all styles as long as they aren't heavy.

quote=tadpolenyc;7480156]there are lots now that the chains have been hollowed out and the linings switched to canvas. the mercer line (knots) used a lighter, thinner leather and the mp even had a flat strap which is easier on the shoulders. the entire so cool line is much lighter too. did you have a particular style in mind? are you looking for just mbmj?[/quote]

6. i find most MBMJ bags are much lighter than his mainline bags

7. Hi and thank you girls!! I will start shopping now......

8. Yes, except for lovely aline. I have a chocolate one I've never worn cause it is so heavy, she's 3 pounds! I think I will have to ebay her and send her to a nice home.

9. I was using my mbmj teri yesterday and I was actually thinking to myself that I was surprised at how light it felt considering how much crap I have in it--and that it's a fairly big bag. The totally turnlock line has nice wide padded straps too, which I think help make it feel lighter than maybe it really is.

10. my venetia weights almost 5 w/ nothing in her!!

11. I think the Blake is light.

12. :nuts: really?? Is that the venetia with the regular calf leather?

13. ^ i think so...its a washed rose one... i got it off ebay so i don't know what yr...she i gorgeous but ohhh so heavy