Are there fakes with the cloth tag?

luv2run41

May 30, 2012
Has anyone seen or does anyone know if there have been LV fake bags sold with the cloth tag, Made in USA of imported goods? I would think most are made in France but I just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. I did make a purchase with some bad pictures and keep getting more blurry pictures! I know I should run from the sale but the bag has the cloth inner tag and just the Louis Vuitton Paris so I thought I might be safer since it has the cloth tag?

Has anyone seen or does anyone know if there have been LV fake bags sold with the cloth tag, Made in USA of imported goods? I would think most are made in France but I just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. I did make a purchase with some bad pictures and keep getting more blurry pictures! I know I should run from the sale but the bag has the cloth inner tag and just the Louis Vuitton Paris so I thought I might be safer since it has the cloth tag?

I think anytime you have a gut feeling that you should run, you probably should. There will always be another item with better pics in the future. Even if an item is real but I don't like the pictures or even the seller's attitude, it's their loss not mine and I'll move on.

gm_zpsc0e0ff93.jpg

IMG955294_zps253985fc.jpg

this is heat stamp and cloth tag. Does this look real???

I don't think that necessarily looks fake. I've bought things before and had a bad feeling but couldn't help myself because it was such a good deal! And most of the time in those cases, the item I've received has been authentic. Some sellers are inexperienced and just don't realise the importance of clear photos - or they're lazy. I'd rather give my business to a great seller who communicates, but if I'm getting a steal, I can sacrifice that! :lol:

As for fakes having cloth tags in general, though - it wouldn't surprise me. As another poster said, when something changes at LV, the counterfeiters are hot on the trail, unfortunately. I imagine most fakes are still branded 'made in France' (which of course, they really are not) because that's what people who buy fakes want - for it to look like the real thing, and largely, people want LV to be French made. I would guess that a great number of people who buy fakes/people who don't buy real LV at all might not even know that it's made outside of France.

I imagine most fakes are still branded 'made in France' (which of course, they really are not) because that's what people who buy fakes want

I think you're probably right, but I still find this somewhat funny. Why would you care about where it's made more than the actual quality and feel of the bag? That would be so much more important to me!

I think they might eventually. However, the occurrence of made in USA fakes has always been low. I mean people don't even want the real made in USA bags! France seems to be preference for all. The pics you posted look ok to me, but definitely get it authenticated with Addy and Lee.

I think they might eventually. However, the occurrence of made in USA fakes has always been low. I mean people don't even want the real made in USA bags! France seems to be preference for all. The pics you posted look ok to me, but definitely get it authenticated with Addy and Lee.

THANK YOU!!! I posted auth check and they needed date code. I asked for but seller did ot want to bend the pocket. I had lock and ky pic, Louis Vuitton Heat stamp and clochette posted as well as inner cloth tag and it wasn't deemed fake so hopefully it is a good sign. I should have the bag and wallet today and tomorrow so I can know for sure. Thank you!!! I appreciate your help.;)