Are there fake BE's?

MattieMay

Mar 3, 2009
I have been watching sites such as Ebay for the possibility of getting a BE bag for awhile, but hesitate because I am unsure about authenticating these bags. I actually do own one, a dark brown Stroke Me, that I got on Ebay completely on a whim and I absolutely LOVE it. Hence why I am hoping to purchase another, but trying for it to not be totally on a whim this time! This brand is not nearly as well known as a brand like Coach or Chanel, which leads me to believe the bags listed on ebay are probably real... but I want to be sure before I spend several hundred dollars on one especially since there is no store near me that I can go to to compare the quality! Anybody know if these are commonly faked?

I am not an expert on these bags there are other members that are far more knowledgable than I am. Having said that I have bought a number of BE bags on ebay and Bonanzle and have never been in the least bit concerned that I was buying a fake. I think the reason is that this is a very small and exclusive line because it is hand made in Italy which does not make it a target for faking. Based purely on the fact there are not a lot of BE's as there are other brands the economy of scale does not make BE a good target for people making fake bags. I would feel comfortable buying a BE on ebay or Bonanzle and you can always come here to get it authenticated. Most of the time the people selling are the members of this forum and you will read it in the description that they are members of the TPF.
Hope that helps.

I agree, I have never seen a BE on bonz/ebay with questionable authenticity. Not that it can't happen, of course,but as djfmn stated above, it's a small brand (compared to LV, chanel, etc) and the fakers concentrate on other brands....

I think we are lucky because most of the people rehoming BE bags on ebay are members of this forum. I have sold one BE bag and it was a TPFer who bought it and I have bought two BE bags and the seller was a TPFer!

I have never seen a BE bag on the auction sites that look "off" to me. I have purchased many of them through there and from BE directly. It also helps that most listings are by tPF sellers!

Thanks ladies for clarifying this for me. I was thinking that I was pretty safe in buying but needed to hear it from others! I'm pretty excited now to get a new bag! :biggrin:

Do you have one in mind already? Or are you just going to keep looking until the perfect bag pops out at you? I'm keeping a look out for something in kiwi, but I haven't seen one so far!
:search:

Kind of both, hehe, I just love the matte gray leather bags I have seen on here so that is a color I'm interested in... but there are also a lot of other colors that I LOVE too. Part of me says since I don't have that many yet I should get a neutral black or gray, but then another part of me really wants a FUN color like turquoise or purple! So I guess I will just have to watch what pops up in my price range and see! That's part of the fun of shopping around ebay or bonanzle to me anyway :smile:

I see another Belenista in the making here............:cloud9:

Good for you MattieMay, just keep your eyes open and see what grabs you. From the viewpoint of a gal who had a dark grey glossy, Matte Choco, and Black Crash first and then her Turquoise TME, I have fallen so deeply for my Turquoise!

So you just keep watching and see what you can't stop thinking about - then you will know, my friend!

p.s. The BE Reference Library is fabulous (and my happy place, lol)

p.s.s. Also, on ebay and bonanzle, read the feedback for the seller, that will give you a good idea on how past sales went.