Are there different shades of Oxblood?

aussiedee

Dec 5, 2017
I own the Oxblood Swagger 27 code 55496DKOXB and have seen other bags with the OXB coding, but have been eyeing off the Rogues online and noticed that they are coded differently eg the Oxblood Rogue 39 is 21036BPL6N and the Oxblood Prairie Rivets is 12164BPL6N. Is "OXB" and "L6N" the same colour and this is some quirk of Coach labelling (or me misunderstanding how the codes work) or are they different shades?

I love the colour of my Swagger and would be really disappointed to invest in a Rogue sight unseen to find out it was a different shade. I really can't tell from the stock photos, I know they can be a bit inaccurate and also the smooth vs pebbled leather can make a difference in how the leather photographs.

Thank you!

I own the Oxblood Swagger 27 code 55496DKOXB and have seen other bags with the OXB coding, but have been eyeing off the Rogues online and noticed that they are coded differently eg the Oxblood Rogue 39 is 21036BPL6N and the Oxblood Prairie Rivets is 12164BPL6N. Is "OXB" and "L6N" the same colour and this is some quirk of Coach labelling (or me misunderstanding how the codes work) or are they different shades?

I love the colour of my Swagger and would be really disappointed to invest in a Rogue sight unseen to find out it was a different shade. I really can't tell from the stock photos, I know they can be a bit inaccurate and also the smooth vs pebbled leather can make a difference in how the leather photographs.

Thank you!
The BPL6N is the same on both - the first part looks like it breaks it down as to treatment. I've added photos from Coach Australia.... it does appear that they are both the same shade. The rivets would cause the leather to reflect light differently, giving the color many nuances.

C_12164BPL6N_1_large.jpg C_21036BPL6N_1_large.jpg

The BPL6N is the same on both - the first part looks like it breaks it down as to treatment. I've added photos from Coach Australia.... it does appear that they are both the same shade. The rivets would cause the leather to reflect light differently, giving the color many nuances.

Thanks. The BP is the hardware, Black Copper on the Rogues.

Here is the Swagger with the OXB coding for Oxblood (the DK is Dark Gunmetal), it looks richer? I'm worried about the rogues tending more towards brown.

Coach Swagger 27 DK Oxblood C_55496DKOXB.jpg

Reactions: indiaink
I own the Rogue in the Oxblood with the rivets in post #2, it is not a brown, it is a true Oxblood color. I too am super picky with this color, because some brands it ends up being either too brown or too purple and this one is just right.

I own the Rogue in the Oxblood with the rivets in post #2, it is not a brown, it is a true Oxblood color. I too am super picky with this color, because some brands it ends up being either too brown or too purple and this one is just right.

Wonderful, thank you! I think I'll order the 39, I'm not sure the rivets will suit me and I prefer the burgundy lining. I'm pretty sure this size will work for me as I have a tote the same size which I've always said would be perfect if it had a zip in the top, I just hope it's not too heavy!

I've been back and forth on Rogues for weeks, I keep coming back to this colour.

You're welcome! I don't find the Rogue to be too heavy, but some say it is. I was apprehensive about the red suede interior initially, but I love it because the bag had three separate shades of red all together.

I think there are shade differences in oxblood. I don't know about the other bags but I have a Rogue 25 in oxblood. I am not a fan of the non adjustable side straps that combine to make the crossbody strap. They clips dig into the shoulder so I bought an oxblood strap from a dinky owner and the shade is lot lighter (more purplish?) than my oxblood straps the Rogue came with. IMG_20180123_115936574_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

I think there are shade differences in oxblood. I don't know about the other bags but I have a Rogue 25 in oxblood. I am not a fan of the non adjustable side straps that combine to make the crossbody strap. They clips dig into the shoulder so I bought an oxblood strap from a dinky owner and the shade is lot lighter (more purplish?) than my oxblood straps the Rogue came with. View attachment 3943503

I wonder if that dinky color is actually the Bordeaux/burgundy color? I’m just going by the thread color as it’s that color on my bordeaux/burgundy saddle bag and looks like the Bordeaux color.

I wonder if that dinky color is actually the Bordeaux/burgundy color? I’m just going by the thread color as it’s that color on my bordeaux/burgundy saddle bag and looks like the Bordeaux color.
That must be it then. The seller described it as oxblood. I don't own any Dinky bag. I am not sure if they came in both burgundy and oxblood.

Reactions: Chihua5
In regards to the strap colors on the Rogue, mine are also not true Oxblood. The bag is three shades of red, the main leather part, the suede interior, and the straps and trim. The main part of the bag is true oxblood, but the straps and trim are a shade or two more red to me, almost like the black cherry color of years past? HTH!

Reactions: houseof999
My rogue 39 finally arrived today, it's beautiful and a keeper but I do think the L6N Oxblood is different to the OXB Oxblood of the Swagger. Even allowing for the differences in the pebbled and smooth leather I think the Swagger is more purple and the Rogue more a burgundy, but it's not brown.

I'll try and get a photo when the weather improves, the lighting here isn't great today.

Reactions: CoachMaven