Are there chain marks on your Med flap

Those marks are most likely from the zipper pull from the pocket on the underside of the outer flap. It rubs against the inner flap and makes those marks. It's pretty much inevitable over time and with normal use. Be sure to use your flap protector when the bag isn't in use as it will cut down on the rubbing.

I have 5 & 3 of them have it. The Evening Star,classic flap(lambskin) and reissue all have the marks. :yes: My 2 newest,camel & bordeaux patents don't.(goatskin) The marks on mine seem to be from the zipper as well as the chain.:sad:

Those marks are most likely from the zipper pull from the pocket on the underside of the outer flap. It rubs against the inner flap and makes those marks. It's pretty much inevitable over time and with normal use. Be sure to use your flap protector when the bag isn't in use as it will cut down on the rubbing.

Yes, the zipper pull mark is pretty inevitable. The felt flap protector should be used when your bag is not being used.

Here's one that's quite pronounced. It appears that the flap protector has not been used with this bag very often.

picture_34348.jpg