Are there any TPF get togethers in South Florida?

I'll be moving back down sometime next year and popping in and out looking for real estate. Keep me scooped or PM'd with goings on. I'm moving to PB County which is a short shot from Bal Harbour or Miami.

I just asked in New York meeting thread if i can join S. Flo meeting then i came across this thread. I'd love to join you as well for next SFo meeting. Bal Harbor is close to me, Palm Beach is about one hour driving, but either way I'd love to come and meet you lovely tpfers. If I can make a suggestion, maybe sometimes in mid January after all of us free from holidays and vacation?

I'm keeping an eye on this thread and any other S. Fla get togethers. I will be moving down sometime in '12 and will be making several trips south beforehand (SunFest in WPB for sure). I just went to the one in NYC, my first, and it was great! I'll be moving to the Boca area but know my way to Bal Harbor blind folded so would have no problem heading south.

are you ever in nyc !?!

I just asked in New York meeting thread if i can join S. Flo meeting then i came across this thread. I'd love to join you as well for next SFo meeting. Bal Harbor is close to me, Palm Beach is about one hour driving, but either way I'd love to come and meet you lovely tpfers. If I can make a suggestion, maybe sometimes in mid January after all of us free from holidays and vacation?

I'm keeping an eye on this thread and any other S. Fla get togethers. I will be moving down sometime in '12 and will be making several trips south beforehand (SunFest in WPB for sure). I just went to the one in NYC, my first, and it was great! I'll be moving to the Boca area but know my way to Bal Harbor blind folded so would have no problem heading south.
OMG you are MOVING to FL permanently?:amazed: NYC will miss you so much!

I'll be in Miami next weekend. Will probably miss you ladies. Enjoy the sunshine everybody!

audreylita said:

Congrats on making the move to Boca - I am in Fort Lauderdale and have been going to the Bal Harbor store for years - love the drive via A1A on the beach road, rather than I95 freeway! They will be moving to the design district in Miami next year. Once you get settled perhaps we can try to meet up?

Congrats on making the move to Boca - I am in Fort Lauderdale and have been going to the Bal Harbor store for years - love the drive via A1A on the beach road, rather than I95 freeway! They will be moving to the design district in Miami next year. Once you get settled perhaps we can try to meet up?

That would be great. We're coming down for SunFest and will probably look at more real estate when we're down.

And I never thought of taking A1A down to Bal Harbor. Slow but a calmer and less stressful way to go. I-95 is like the Indy 500 down there!

Welcome to all newbies at PF! Just a reminder that for PF-sanctioned meets, there is a minimum 500 post count AND minimum six months of membership. It helps for people to get to know each other through posts here before meeting in person.

mistikat said:
Welcome to all newbies at PF! Just a reminder that for PF-sanctioned meets, there is a minimum 500 post count AND minimum six months of membership. It helps for people to get to know each other through posts here before meeting in person.

Thank you for the welcome Mistikat - I didn't know about the minimum posting requirement for meetups - I'd better get busy, or at least busier, with the postings! Joined several years ago but time got away from me with actually posting..... the Hermes ladies are a wonderful group, very generous in heart and spirit and humor.

audreylita said:
That would be great. We're coming down for SunFest and will probably look at more real estate when we're down.

And I never thought of taking A1A down to Bal Harbor. Slow but a calmer and less stressful way to go. I-95 is like the Indy 500 down there!

It's a beautiful drive from Ft Lauderdale after the inlet at Port Everglades. The stretch of A1A by Hillsboro is lovely too - I go that way to Boca Town Centre mall and try to avoid I95 whenever possible - have seen too many accidents and random items flying off trucks and the like.....
Our real estate market is improving too - it is a good time for you to hopefully find something you like.
I'll get busy posting more often and then hopefully we can try to meet up (before the Bal Harbor store moves!).