Are There any Musicians in the House?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I play the flute? Are there any other musicians here?

2. I played the flute in high school, I was in the band :cool:

I also used to play the bass, but I haven't played in a long time. Still love music, though :smile:

3. I play piano

4. I know to 2:

Piano: Grade 8 (both theory and practical, no aural) by 17:P
    and
    Viola: Grade 5 (still Grade 5, stopped playing at 16 because one day it felt like pinpricks all over my fingertips, doesn't happen now but I have long nails :roflmfao: )

I was forced to do the first when I was 9, so a grade a year is about the right pace. In fact everyone did music but usually when changing school at 13 they stop but I didn't because I was dorky:lol: .

As for viola, I thought it would be chic getting into the school quartet and no one else wanted to do it so I thought it was the easiest one:lol:.

People still frequently ask me to play after dinner but now I can only remember basic Chopins or I do Handel Gigue when they want something less common, people love the jumpy bits :smile:(usually Beethoven's Fur Elise and Moonlight Sonata Movement 1 are also the favourites but they are boring:P ).

5. I play the piano, violin and the guitar!!! :biggrin:

6. I play the piano and guitar. You should hear me on my son's electric!
    Moms can ROCK BABY!;)

7. LOL.... another flute girl in high school band, I mostly just play piano in my spare time to ease off the stress of studying

8. I can play clarinet and piano- I love to learn new songs, it gives me a challenge and I feel great if I can do them!

9. I am married to one:yes: Does that count:biggrin:

10. I play the piano (ABRSM Grade 8) and violin (ABRSM Grade 6).
    We should form a band around here!

11. Grade 5 flute. I also sng. I know mnay peope say this and the words "shower" and "kareoke" pops to mind. But I really sing jazz, blues and soul. My main thing is writing and composing music. Thats what really does it for me.

12. I play the Piano and the Harp! I learned how to play the Piano in 3th grade and Harp in 6th grade.:biggrin::flowers:

13. I used to play clarinet but that was back in JR high lol!

14. married to one. I play accordion tho.

15. I'm a classically trained singer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice