Are there any David Yurman fans here?

naturale said:
I love David Yurman, I would like to own a lot of his pieces. Currently I only have a bracelet, I looking into buying the medium hoop earrings.

Do you guys love his stuff too and if so what pieces do you own.
My friend has the medium hoop earnings and she likes them but she said they stick out. I wasn't sure what she meant by that until she wore them one day when I was with her. It's hard to explain. They didn't hang straight. They kind of flopped outwards. I don't know if this happens with everybody though. Have you tried them on?

Kat said:
My friend has the medium hoop earnings and she likes them but she said they stick out. I wasn't sure what she meant by that until she wore them one day when I was with her. It's hard to explain. They didn't hang straight. They kind of flopped outwards. I don't know if this happens with everybody though. Have you tried them on?

i think i may know what you mean...does she wear the back of the earring completely pushed to her ear? because sometimes, depending on how tight the earring back is on, depends on the way they fit on the ear...i don't have them on today, so i can't take a picture:worried:

blackbutterfly said:
i think i may know what you mean...does she wear the back of the earring completely pushed to her ear? because sometimes, depending on how tight the earring back is on, depends on the way they fit on the ear...i don't have them on today, so i can't take a picture:worried:
Maybe that's what she's doing wrong ... pushing it too tightly against her ear. I'll have to tell her to play around with it a little bit. Thanks for the info!!:P

Kat said:
oops ... I forgot to post a pic of the ring .... here it is ....
I'm sooo frustrated with this situation! Need to vent. I've been waiting soooooo long for this ring to come in. After many weeks it came in to Bailey's, Banks & Biddle where I purchased/ordered it and it came in the right size but wrong stone. It had to be re-ordered. I;ve been waiting now several more weeks. I went to the jewelry store last night to see what gives with my order and guess what ..... the ring came in the other day again with the wrong stone. Now I have to wait yet again ... probably several more weeks ... I never thought this could happen twice. Has ayone had any problems with David Yurman pieces?

IntlSet said:
hehe! I like that it's clunky! I love David Yurman when pearls or gemstones are incorporated, not so much a fan of just the sterling silver stuff. I wonder why you think it's pretentious, SuzyZ? I *totally* respect your opinion the matter, I'm honestly just curious I never thought of it that way.
I just think his stuff is sort of thick and not feminine - It sort of says to me " hey look at my big jewelry" I have large pieces that I love because I think they are more tasteful. I'm Just not a Yurman fan, actually it sort of looks gaudy to me - JMO. of course.

I have quite a few pieces. After several years, and a store opening within l/2 hr., I finally trained DH to understand he simply needed to get me DY from that store! I have 3 necklaces (one silver w/heart; one gold cross; one silver chain with purple amethyst stone; one blue topaz ring and matching bracelet; and a gold ring - fairly simple and pretty) I also have a pr. of earring which I don't wear as they are heavy;:love:

My ring is finally in! I just picked it up from the jewelry store. It's absolutely beautiful! I'll post pics of it tomorrow. It was definitely worth the wait and all the trouble.

I LOVE the pieces you guys have up on this thread. I only have a bracelet...very similar to the one in naturale's first post, but with gold ends instead of a linking closure. But you guys are making me want MORE...

esp. the earrings in the first post

I reallly like Yurman pieces, especially for men. I had bought the wheat necklace and bracelet several months ago for the BF.

Picture below taken from Neiman Marcus.com

Attachments

• yurmanwheatchain.jpg
    yurmanwheatchain.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 279
Huge DAVID YURMAN fan!! Give me big, bulk & gaud anyday of the week - I lack attention he-he
Funny I remember now that way back 7-8 yrs ago...the day I purchased my first LV in Palm Springs was the same day I purchased my first fine jewerly pieces. The first was David Yurman, have lots of bracelets and rings. My Little sister (14 yrs younger than me) took me a road trip and introduced me to finer things in life. I owe it all to her!!!! OH, a Nordstroms near me in Brea, CA sells David Yurman. Hey I'm lovin' Nordstroms more & more everyday....And Logos too that day. Question: Logos had their own boutique in Beverly Hills back then, did they relocate, 'cause I did not see them my last visit. their boutique that is. "GO

I love DY!
I have the topaz 7mm cable bracelet, mtaching clunky topaz ring, double stranded chain, matching chain braclet, small amathyst cable braclelt w/matching ring...

Just relized how obssesed I am...

Hello, I'm new to this and I was just reading your post about the David Yurman hoop earrings. I'm wondering did you ever purchase them, and if so, do you like them. I'm considering the medium sized hoops.

Hello, I'm new to this and I was just reading your post about the David Yurman hoop earrings. I'm wondering did you ever purchase them, and if so, do you like them. I'm considering the medium sized hoops.

Okay first...Kstyle, I just purchased the earring this past weekend at the Saks in Ft. Lauderdale, in the extra large size...and I LOVE them!!! Yes they do the flopping to the side that someone was talking about earlier in the post...but you have to reposition them...my heart really sighs when i look at them...and is everyone ready for this....there is a David Yurman OUTLET in Ft. Lauderdale at the Sawgrass Mills Outlets...it's in their new Colonade Outlets..that are attached...OMG it's amazing...I picked up the Albion Smoky Topaz pendant with yellow sapphires...something different from the diamonds...and the oval link chain in the 18"in...and I saved about 30% total on my bill...which is better than paying full price...the SA told me it's the only outlet in North America....their number is: (954) 838-9979 and the lady who helped me was Allison Long..tell her Amita told you...so she knows I recommended her...I don't get anything for it..but I'd like her to know I thought she was sweet. They ship all over and you save on tax then.

F2J2611_mn.jpg
My love affair with Yurman has begun....I'm so thrilled...I was save up so I can keep collecting for the rest of my life...I love it!!