Are there any current balenciaga styles that are similar to the 'Purse'?

__pixiecat

"Purse" Obsessed
Nov 22, 2007
I've been exhausting all of the searches and all of the consignment shops online. I have a sneaking suspicion that i won't be able to find a Purse in a darker shade like red, purple or blue. I already have seen 2 green purses.. one on Ebay and one on a consignment shop website.

Is there another double handle style that has been released lately that resembles the purse in size and handle drop length?

Note: I'm sorry for posting this here as it should really be in the reference area. For some reason I cannot create a new thread there and I haven't seen any that closely resemble what I'm wanting to ask.

I think the Purse was pretty unique in size, shape and handle drop. If you have your heart set on it, I'd just be patient. They do come up in the consignment shops and on ebay. I did just see a lovely bordeaux Purse last week on there. Good luck! :yes:

missaznpirate, thats exactly what i was thinking. The step looks like a brief mixed with a purse.

Conni618, thanks. Patience isn't exactly one of my strong points but when it comes to something you have your heart set on.. I think it gets a lot easier. I'll just keep stalking the consignment sites and ebay.

I don't know of the measurements, but I think that the Balenciaga Step resembles the purse style..?

Thanks for posting this suggestion. I haven't really thought about the Step. It is roughly the same shape as the Purse, and the handles are nice and long.

I just checked out the thread comparing the Step to the City, and it seems the only major difference between the Step and Purse, might be the structured bottom on the Step. :yes:

I have to chime in, I had never ever thought I would like the look of the purse, but I saw some modelling pics posted here, and it looks GREAT when worn! I would hold out for this style, it looks like it's worth waiting for...surely something will come along for you! Good luck!

^^It's not the exact same size - but has a similar shape, more so than the step I think.

Let the pics do the talking:

The Brief:
2769087767_47f1e5fe30.jpg

The Purse:
2820349028_a585513682.jpg

They have different shapes and sizes

Maybe I'm nuts, but in terms of overall shape, I think the Brief and the Step look related, and the Purse and the Shopper look somewhat related, although the Shopper is missing some of the Purse's graceful form. I'm NOT talking size here, just overall shape.

I've noticed that many tpfers have noted that the mini bowling bag seems to serve a similar function to the Purse (similar size and ability to sling it over the shoulder.)
Sadly, most of the styles I'm mentioning are no longer in production, other than the Brief and the Step.

I can see I'm going to have to hit you over the head with this sparkle2808 LOL - what I'm talking about is: THINNESS of the bag. The purse is a very narrow and thin bag - no extra seams on the bottom to expand it. The brief is also thin in that same way. It stays close to the body, can't be over stuffed, doesn't have the bottom panel that the step does, etc. etc. etc.

NOW do you see what I'm talking about? You can post all the photos you care to - I'm sticking to my analogy. Cheers!

I can see I'm going to have to hit you over the head with this sparkle2808 LOL - what I'm talking about is: THINNESS of the bag. The purse is a very narrow and thin bag - no extra seams on the bottom to expand it. The brief is also thin in that same way. It stays close to the body, can't be over stuffed, doesn't have the bottom panel that the step does, etc. etc. etc.

NOW do you see what I'm talking about? You can post all the photos you care to - I'm sticking to my analogy. Cheers!

Whatever. I'm just giving pixiecat a clearer picture that's all.

I've been exhausting all of the searches and all of the consignment shops online. I have a sneaking suspicion that i won't be able to find a Purse in a darker shade like red, purple or blue. I already have seen 2 green purses.. one on Ebay and one on a consignment shop website.

Is there another double handle style that has been released lately that resembles the purse in size and handle drop length?

Note: I'm sorry for posting this here as it should really be in the reference area. For some reason I cannot create a new thread there and I haven't seen any that closely resemble what I'm wanting to ask.

To be honest, I really don't see any style resembling the purse. The purse has a longer handle drop than the brief, the city and even the work IIRC.

Bal has been experimenting with new styles (Mid Day / RH Bowler) but nothing remotely close.

The step looks like a smaller fatter version of the brief because of it's structured bottom. The brief (which I don't like) has this oddly shaped opening - the bag itself seems like a triangle with the pinacle removed. I don't think it'll be as versatile as the purse. And from a fashion standpoint, it's 2 different styles - a long bag versus a wide bag.

I am 5"4 and I avoid any bags that tend to be long e.g. brief / day. Makes me look short and stout - not good :tdown:

Just my 2 cents