Are the DE Reggia and Diane limited releases?

monkeechu

O.G.
May 15, 2009
Anyone else hear if the Damier Ebene Reggia and Diane are limited releases?

Long story short, went to Vegas - came home with DE Totally PM but didn't ask for a box. Got home, went to local LV boutique to ask for a box... THEN I saw my holy grail!

Saw the DE Diane and fell in love with it. Sad to say that the Totally was exchanged.

My SA said that there were only 100 Diane pieces in the whole US and she didn't expect any additional pieces to arrive. She said that it was a limited release and would not be a permanent part of the line. If this is true... it makes me love Diane more!

Just curious. :graucho:

Anyone else hear if the Damier Ebene Reggia and Diane are limited releases?

Long story short, went to Vegas - came home with DE Totally PM but didn't ask for a box. Got home, went to local LV boutique to ask for a box... THEN I saw my holy grail!

Saw the DE Diane and fell in love with it. Sad to say that the Totally was exchanged.

My SA said that there were only 100 Diane pieces in the whole US and she didn't expect any additional pieces to arrive. She said that it was a limited release and would not be a permanent part of the line. If this is true... it makes me love Diane more!

Just curious. :graucho:
Congrats! I have the Diane too and I love it. I also went into the boutique thinking of getting the Totally dE but then I saw the Diane. It's exactly the type of bucket bag that I like. So I didn't even try on any other bags. The SA didn't tell me that it is a limited release -- it's interesting if it is. I haven't seen anyone else do a reveal of this bag on TPF so it was great to hear you bought one. Enjoy your gorgeous bag.

I asked about the Diane at my store but they haven't even received one yet. I was told that they could order me one in but I didn't since I just bought the Reggia...and Speedy. :shame: I wasn't told that they were limited but they could be. Congrats on your Diane!

Congrats! I have the Diane too and I love it. I also went into the boutique thinking of getting the Totally dE but then I saw the Diane. It's exactly the type of bucket bag that I like. So I didn't even try on any other bags. The SA didn't tell me that it is a limited release -- it's interesting if it is. I haven't seen anyone else do a reveal of this bag on TPF so it was great to hear you bought one. Enjoy your gorgeous bag.
We have the same train of thought! The Totally just doesn't make my heart flutter like the Diane! :love: Enjoy your new bag!

My coworker bought a Diane, but she end up returning it. She told me she didn't like how the zipper closure would curved when she's carrying on her shoulder. It's the same color leather as the Belmont on the shoulder strap. I only saw it when she bought it that day.

Here's a picture at the boutique. I actually haven't used it yet. It's sweltering here in CA and it didn't want to get it all sweaty. :smile: I was thinking of punching extra holes on the strap so I would have more clearance during shoulder carry. For me, the zipper part does not bend/fold or buckle under my arm. I end up squishing it flat. For reference I'm 5 ft and when worn cross-body it rides on my butt.
I'll try to answer any questions and post more pics. ;)

Attachments

• 2014-07-27 00.08.00.jpg
    2014-07-27 00.08.00.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 406
Here's a picture at the boutique. I actually haven't used it yet. It's sweltering here in CA and it didn't want to get it all sweaty. :smile: I was thinking of punching extra holes on the strap so I would have more clearance during shoulder carry. For me, the zipper part does not bend/fold or buckle under my arm. I end up squishing it flat. For reference I'm 5 ft and when worn cross-body it rides on my butt.

Congrats .. love this style .. adore the contrast of the nomade trim against the canvas .. great choice:smile:

I guess I can see why some people might be bothered by the slight curve of the zipper part. But it doesn't bother me. I also squish the bag under my arm (Diane is one of those slouchy bags). Another TPFer tried the bag on and posted some mod shots on a thread "Pictures of DE Diane?" (See post #19) -- I am guessing that is the curved part that Alexis168's coworker was referring to.