are the checked canvas YSL Downtown bag for sale?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #2 Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
    That's the Vichy Downtown and it was a S/S 07 bag so it's not been available over a year. I bought mine last August (2007) from a reseller because at that point they were already gone. I've only seen one on eBay over the last year, but you can always save a search for one and see if it pops up. Also, just to provide some info, it's not canvas as it appears in pics, it's actually woven horse hair.

There are additional pics of Lily Allen and Dita Von Teese with theirs up in the Celebs thread, too.

2. This one was gone pretty fast, I had my heart set on it, but couldn't find one in the right size (only the small one was available) last year. I settled on a red patent which I ended up loving!

3. thank you everyone!:smile:
    shazam, could you post pics of yours please? :smile:

4. ^Sure, here some pics I posted up in the Photo Resource thread. Mine is the Large so it's bigger than Ashlee's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Should I mention again how much I love your set?
    :drool:

6. :flowers: Thanks, lisenoktx, I love the Vichy check and would have gotten the flats, too, if I had been able to find them in my size. It's surprisingly durable, too, which is a bonus for me!

7. it's so gorgeous :love:
    your shoes are really cute too :biggrin:
    how much did the bag cost?

thanks for all your help:smile:

8. Thanks! :flowers: The Large retailed for $2,195 and the Medium retailed for $1,995. They went on sale and ended up at $1,295 and $1,195 by the end of the season, so I paid $1,295 for mine.

9. Shazam- I don't know what size flats you need but NM LC at Discover Mills in Ga has a pair in a 7 for $202.

10. ^Thanks for the info, authenticplease! Unfortunately, I need a 39.5/9.5 or 40/10 in YSL flats. I tried to cram my feet into a 9, but that didn't work so well, LOL. Also, the pair I really wanted were these...

[​IMG]

As opposed to the all-over check like these...

[​IMG]

The Vichy check looks different on the Holly flats because it's a cotton print (which is coated on the all-over check version) versus the horse hair used on the bags and Tribute heels. Hopefully someone will pick up the 7s at the NMLC since that's a great deal!