Are Swingpacks an Essential Part of a Coach Collection??

Well, I've resisted the swingpacks all these years even though they seem like they would be good for going to places where you don't want to carry a huge purse around.

Are swingpacks a part of every Coach lovers handbag wardrobe and do I NEED one?

I have 3 large Zoes (black, chocolate and cream leather) and one medium Zoe (khaki signature). The only reason I'm considering a swingpack is for going to my kids' baseball games or other casual places where I would do a lot of walking. I spied a chocolate op-art Brooke swingpack on clearance at Macys and am considering it. I've also seen a lot of cute swingpack styles by Fossil and other makers lately.

So, tell me if you have a swingpack and when/where do you carry it?

Concerts, short errands, clubbing if applicable~~anywhere you don't feel like carrying a big bag =)
One of the large Wristlets are also just as great for this too though ;)

i have a 3 year old son and when i take him out to the playground or somewhere that requires constant running after him, i like my hands to be free. w/ a wristlet, i'd still have to manage that while lifting him up or something. w/ a swingpack you don't need to worry about dropping it or leaving it behind on a park bench when you have to go after your kid yelling like a crazy person to stop throwing his shoes around :P good for pushing strollers too.

major shopping sprees! just a wallet slipped inside a swingpack and you're good to go!

movies/concerts ...you don't have to sit w/ a giant purse on your lap!

i'm a student and in addition to a backpack that holds my laptop, i carry my swingpack w/ me to class.

okay to be fair, i didn't buy mine, it was a gift :biggrin: but i'm one of those people that receives a gift that i wouldn't have looked at twice in a store, and it ends up fitting my personality. i'm not saying it's an essential or anything but on days when a big bag just won't do, i'm happy to have it!

Yes, with 2 toddlers and not wanting to put heavy Law books into my precious bags I opt on a Swingpack for my wallet/phone/chapstick...

I would say it is essential if you have kids :smile:

As a vacationer, yes. I use them on most of my trips because it's just so much easier. Now, I wouldn't go overboard and buy one in every color...I have one in brown tones and one in black tones...that's all I need!

I would have atleast one in your collection. What I love about them is they come in a variety of colors and styles so you can get a plain swingback or something more eyecatching. My sister has a lurex gold & and I have pink patchwork that we both get compliments on. I often see them on sale at Macy's and Dillard's for $40-$50.

I just got my first one, and surprisingly, I can get my small wallet, camera, phone, and iTouch in it!! It has a pocket on the outside; my phone can fit in there, so it's really handy. And it's hands-free!

definitely not essential to a collection. i'm not a fan at all. i only have one (used it only once, owned it for 5 years now...oops). It's not the typical swing pack, which is why i hold onto it (it's the purple mini signature with a drawstring top). I'd rather carry a wristlet or a smaller hand bag. i don't like the look of the swingpack, really.

I have one that I've had for several years. I use it when I go to Disneyland or even when I'm just out riding my bicycle. I only have one and really have no desire to go out and buy another. It's nice for certain things but definately not essential.