Are still using your luxury leather bags during this time?

MahaM

Aug 14, 2017
During this time of Global Pandemic , do you still use your luxury leather bags?

For me, I seldom go out and if I do i’m so obsessed with disinfecting everything!
So , currently I’m using small practical bags like a coated canvas that can be wiped off easily without damaging the bag.
But I really miss using my other bags...

What about you ladies?

I am using my bags as normal but I'm not bringing bags deep into my home. Usually, I bring a bag upstairs to my closet/office when I come home, but nowadays I'm treating my bags much like I treat shoes. If it's been out, it stays in the entry way with the shoes/coats/everything else dirty.

If I touch my bag or SLGs during the day (like for online shopping), I wash my hands as a precaution.

That said, the virus isn't supposed to live on surfaces for that long (and even less so for soft surfaces), so this is probably overkill. But better than getting sick! I hate having so much as a cold, let alone something worse than the flu.

Reactions: MahaM and babypanda
I’ve been rotating my coated canvas bags from LV so I feel better wiping them down at the end of the day after work. I feel terrible doing that to leather though so I use them less often. Doesn’t stop me from buying more though, lol! :facepalm::angel:

Reactions: MahaM
I've only been using my Gucci Soho Disco and none of my Chanel bags. I disinfect everything when we get home so I don't want to have to disinfect my nicer leather bags.

Our province has recorded less than 3,000 COVID cases total, with about 10-15 new cases a day, so the risk isn't super high, but I also think that because people are treating the risk very seriously which results in less cases. I'm not going to stop being careful when I go out.

I am just using a Kipling bag which I can spray/wipe down with disinfectant without fear of ruining the bag. I put what I need for the trip in the front pocket and touching nothing else while being out.

Reactions: MahaM
I’m using my bags as usual like many others posted. I am particularly enjoying my WOCs for groceries. They’re hands free and when I need to pay, I only need to open the flap and pull my card out. I keep a small hand sanitizer in it so it’s perfect. Obviously I use it as a wallet so my credit cards are in their designated slots.

Reactions: lvchanellvr
Yes I am in Australia (Melbourne), it's been okay here so far and quite peaceful so I've been taking my Chanels to cafes, restaurants etc. I try to take low key bags when I'm just going grocery shopping or taking the baby for a walk, like my vintage Gucci that doesn't have any designer markings on the outside.