Are still using your luxury leather bags during this time?

MahaM

Aug 14, 2017
During this time of Global Pandemic , do you still use your luxury leather bags?

For me, I seldom go out and if I do i’m so obsessed with disinfecting everything!
So , currently I’m using small practical bags like a coated canvas that can be wiped off easily without damaging the bag.
But I really miss using my other bags...

What about you ladies?

OogleAtLuxury

Nov 14, 2017
I am using my bags as normal but I'm not bringing bags deep into my home. Usually, I bring a bag upstairs to my closet/office when I come home, but nowadays I'm treating my bags much like I treat shoes. If it's been out, it stays in the entry way with the shoes/coats/everything else dirty.

If I touch my bag or SLGs during the day (like for online shopping), I wash my hands as a precaution.

That said, the virus isn't supposed to live on surfaces for that long (and even less so for soft surfaces), so this is probably overkill. But better than getting sick! I hate having so much as a cold, let alone something worse than the flu.

Reactions: MahaM and babypanda

gagabag

Jan 4, 2012
with koalas in the bush
I’ve been rotating my coated canvas bags from LV so I feel better wiping them down at the end of the day after work. I feel terrible doing that to leather though so I use them less often. Doesn’t stop me from buying more though, lol! :facepalm::angel:

Reactions: MahaM

pinkrose398

MaddyLoves.com
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Vancouver, BC
www.maddyloves.com
I've only been using my Gucci Soho Disco and none of my Chanel bags. I disinfect everything when we get home so I don't want to have to disinfect my nicer leather bags.

Our province has recorded less than 3,000 COVID cases total, with about 10-15 new cases a day, so the risk isn't super high, but I also think that because people are treating the risk very seriously which results in less cases. I'm not going to stop being careful when I go out.

lilinko

Sep 19, 2017
I am just using a Kipling bag which I can spray/wipe down with disinfectant without fear of ruining the bag. I put what I need for the trip in the front pocket and touching nothing else while being out.

Reactions: MahaM

babypanda

O.G.
Dec 30, 2009
I’m using my bags as usual like many others posted. I am particularly enjoying my WOCs for groceries. They’re hands free and when I need to pay, I only need to open the flap and pull my card out. I keep a small hand sanitizer in it so it’s perfect. Obviously I use it as a wallet so my credit cards are in their designated slots.

Reactions: lvchanellvr

OCMomof3

Feb 26, 2013
Southern CA
My WOC has been out once to dinner, and my Gucci Super Mini has been out about three times. Prior to that, I only used my LV Cles, as I didn't want to take my bags out at all.

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
I've been using my prada re edition lately and my black mini. Not really dressing cute enough to whip out a flap

Reactions: OCMomof3

LV_4ever

Feb 4, 2013
Virginia
I am still using mine. I think it largely depends on where in the US (or world) you are. We are able to eat in restaurants, and I do not wipe down my bags or groceries anymore, so I am wearing all my bags as usual. If I were in a higher risk area, I would stick with my LV coated canvas.

spiderlily89

May 17, 2020
Yes I am in Australia (Melbourne), it's been okay here so far and quite peaceful so I've been taking my Chanels to cafes, restaurants etc. I try to take low key bags when I'm just going grocery shopping or taking the baby for a walk, like my vintage Gucci that doesn't have any designer markings on the outside.