Are skinny jeans it?

I stopped wearing bootcut jeans because I didn't like how they looked on my body after I lost weight. It was like the fabric was swallowing up my legs and looked very unflattering. Skinny jeans look better on my frame.

What's most important is what type of cut works for your body, not whether it's in or not. For instance, bell-bottoms are back but you won't catch me even trying those things on for fun for the same reasons I stopped wearing bootcut.

I've noticed just walking around my town that skinny jeans are the predominant style of choice for younger people. Rarely do I see anyone under 21 wearing anything but skinnies, regardless of body type. From 21 to 30, skinnies still seem to be the most common style but you will also see other cuts too.

For those age 30 and above, it seems like skinnies aren't nearly as predominant in the way that they are for younger people. There seems to be an even spread of all the different jeans types among this age group.

Just my observation. :smile:

A good balance between the boot cut and the skinny is the straight leg jean. Pretty much anyone can wear it. It's a bit more stylish right now than boot cut, but isn't as drastic as a skinny leg. I do like the skinnies inside boots though, but for every day jeans with shoes or ankle boots, I am loving straight leg.

yep. a skinny skinny jean is for teens imho. really whatever denim silhouette works for you and makes you feel comfortable is what you should wear regardless of the trends. honestly, all denim is "in" right now. at the various fashion weeks, i saw tapered legs, boyfriend jeans, bootcuts, drain pipes, true bell bottoms and wide legs. it's all in how you wear it and what works for your figure/lifestyle.

I prefer slightly flared jeans too, they're most flattering on me. But even when they were in fashion it was still a mission to find the right pair. These days it's impossible, so I've succumbed to the skinny jean trend.

yep. a skinny skinny jean is for teens imho. really whatever denim silhouette works for you and makes you feel comfortable is what you should wear regardless of the trends. honestly, all denim is "in" right now. at the various fashion weeks, i saw tapered legs, boyfriend jeans, bootcuts, drain pipes, true bell bottoms and wide legs. it's all in how you wear it and what works for your figure/lifestyle.[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad( I wear them all too)..it makes it so much easier when everything goes..:yes:

I admit I haven't worn a pair of bootcut jeans in quite sometime. Most of my jeans are skinny jeans. It's just my preference at the moment, they look great with heels and are perfect when wearing boots. I think I'm one of the few who don't love straight leg jeans...

I usually stick to skinny jeans or straigh legged jeans. Boot cut usually flares at the bottom and I steer clear of flared jeans because I'm short and flares make me look short and stumpy.