Are Silver/Gold Chanel Bags In or Out?

I still use my metallic silver and gold Chanel bags. I do not know why they would not be in style unless I have missed something. Is there a specific bag or style you are thinking of?

@Habanerita I know what you mean and I'm not seeing a trend right now towards metallics. But just store away until it comes back (which could be in the fall or next year!) Yet, personally, I think a silver or gold chanel bag with a black dress always makes a fashion statement at night.

I personally feel silver and gold are now just as much classics as black has been forever. Same with year 'round patent leather. It's not just a spring thing anymore. :smile:

13c has a Golden Rita bag, which is quite popular:

rita1.jpg

Who cares if it is in or out. Dont follow the trend, set your own trend, wear whatever you think will look good. Life is too short to limit yourself. Who cares what other people think, just wear whatever and do whatever that makes you happy.

Reactions: chelmel77
Have not been following the Trends in Chanel since I stick to the Classics but would like to know if Silver Bags, are in or out? Particularly Chanel Ones.

Fashion fades, only style remains the same.
Coco Chanel

(Substitute "trend" for "fashion")

Elegance does not consist in putting on a new dress.
Coco Chanel

(Substitute "bag" for "dress")

True classics stay; they don't ebb and flow. Once they are a classic, they are a classic always. Plus, wear what fits you, not the trend. :smile:

Do you have a picture of the tote? I think metallic silver, depending on the style and the finish of the color, would go nice in black or white color outfits. I think it also depends on the finish of the metallic silver. If it is more of a distressed silver, it doesn't really go out of style but it may be trickier if it is of a shinier finish.
A sporty Tote in Metallic Silver Leather. I have Reissue in Dark Silver/Bronze and still love it also, but sometimes finishes go in and out of fashion.