Are Satin Valentino bags durable?

teagongfu

Apr 8, 2017
Would love to hear from anyone who has bought a satin Valentino bag.

I just purchased this beautiful Va Va Voom (http://trsy.co/19247923) but realized only later that I planned to use her as a crossbody while travelling or on nights out and forgot it wasn't leather.

I'm planning to clean her with a dry-cleaning sheet and protect her with Apple Garde or Scotchguard Fabric, but not sure if that'll be enough to keep her from looking ratty and tatty. Satin bag owners, what's your experience been like? Can they stand up to regular carrying, or should I return her so some red carpet walker can put her to better use?

TIA!

From what I've seen they mark very easily, which is what you've correctly expected sadly. I used a Colloni fabric protector on mine, but that being said I haven't taken it out yet as I am petrified haha. I've owned satin bags in the past, and they've all marked (and I'm careful with them). For me personally, this wouldn't be a regular carry. In leather it would be however.

Reactions: teagongfu
Thanks for sharing, CleopatraSelene! The bag just arrived in the mail a few days ago.

The bag is beautiful, and since it's preloved I get to see how it wore over the years.

The satin is brilliantly red and heavyweight and luxe and surprisingly flawless except for the corners where bags usually wear. The problem is that when satin scuffs, it can't just be repaired by conditioning and polishing. I was looking for a cute crossbody for regular weekend wear and don't think that is it for me.