Are Recent Burberry Bags Underrated?

I don't think it's US-specific to think of this Burberry's new logo as that of Tory Burch. I'm not from the US and my immediate reaction when I first saw the letters T & B intertwined was the same. I think it's because Tory Burch is a well-known brand, not just in the US, but in Europe as well; also it's much more budget-friendly and as such more people know about it than Burberry, which is probably most famous for their trenchcoats, not handbags. Also, not many people know of Thomas Burberry and the brand's history. I had no idea what the T stood for when they unveiled their new monogram, even though I already quite liked the brand by that time and had one Burberry handbag.

I don't think it looks bad, though. I actually like it. And I don't confuse it with Tory Burch anymore, since their monogram is quite different.

I hope Burberry bags get more recognition. I can't say I love all of their new (and old) bags, but they are well-made, look nice, and don't give off a trendy piece vibe.

I like the new TB bag too! At first I thought it's not my style, the more I look at it the more I love the look. The TB bags are made in Italy so that's a plus :smile: The two-toned canvas/leather TB bag is my current favourite
dd319b0301ec65d880edbb015a0f4eca5dd9f043.jpg

I agree tb bag is the only Burberry bag I have, I have it in burgundy smooth leather. I honestly didn’t like anything from burberry before the tb bag, I love it and it’s classic design ❤Of course I got it in super sale which cost me around u$700 . I wouldn’t pay full price never for a Burberry bag because they are on sale often. Anyway I love the bag!

I think so! I have been searching high and low for a good quality coated canvas tote... I already have all the LV prints, so I don't want a Neverfull; Goyard seems too delicate for its price; Faure le Page Battle Tote just isn't my style; Anya Hindmarch's plastic bottle tote is pushing 1k (!), so Burberry is looking really appealing in comparison. I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a Large Monogram E-Canvas Society tote. I love the look - the shape is beautiful. I just haven't been able to find any reviews of it. I do think Burberry is on the rise.

Burberry Tote.jpg

Reactions: Strep2031
i like Burberry a lot, but the new branding might be one of the factors turning people off. This for eg.
1614042783314.png
Its horrendus.
The other might be when they came out and announced that they incinerate all unsold stock rather than 'Sale' it. They were the first to admit it and that has stuck. in 2017 28M in stock incinerated. Its not gone down well in the age of recycling and waste production.
I only have 2 items, a trench and a leather bridle style bag. I agree quality is amazing, i bought in 2013 and it hasnt lost a stitch yet.

I think the quality of recent Burberry bags (i.e the last 5 years) have been so underrated. The quality of the leather is good, they are made in Italy, and they are not as expensive as other traditional fashion house that has bags made in Italy. I personally own the banner bag for a few years and have been holding up very well looking like brand new. I don't baby this bag at all. It is super functional and works with both formal and casual outfit. It was made in Italian and the craftsmanship is comparable to other designer bags I have. I feel that Burberry deserves a bit more recognition on their quality
Yes agree completely :smile:
I have seen the banner bag and really want it. Would you recommend it? Sounds like from your post you would but just checking :smile:

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
i like Burberry a lot, but the new branding might be one of the factors turning people off. This for eg.
View attachment 4999080
Its horrendus.
The other might be when they came out and announced that they incinerate all unsold stock rather than 'Sale' it. They were the first to admit it and that has stuck. in 2017 28M in stock incinerated. Its not gone down well in the age of recycling and waste production.
I only have 2 items, a trench and a leather bridle style bag. I agree quality is amazing, i bought in 2013 and it hasnt lost a stitch yet.
I agree. The new monogram turns me off too, as it's such a departure from the brand's heritage. I admit that brands need to evolve, but I do miss the Christopher Bailey days.

View attachment 4999080
Its horrendus.
Yes...that’s it! I see ”Tory Burch” it Burberry!

Reactions: Bagatha Christie

many bags are made in China which I think has turned people off.
I don’t understand people’s aversion to Made in China. Their iPhones are made there yet people trip over themselves running to buy the latest model.

I don’t understand people’s aversion to Made in China. Their iPhones are made there yet people trip over themselves running to buy the latest model.
Cheap labor with little regard for workers and the working environment. There’s also political issues which we can’t discuss on this forum. Many of us have experienced poor quality. Household goods are just one example of the decline in quality which I have experienced. I’ve had my own issues with coach quality after manufacturing was moved to China. But to each his/her own. Buy whatever you love.