Are Recent Burberry Bags Underrated?

mimika

live life!
O.G.
Feb 27, 2009
I think the quality of recent Burberry bags (i.e the last 5 years) have been so underrated. The quality of the leather is good, they are made in Italy, and they are not as expensive as other traditional fashion house that has bags made in Italy. I personally own the banner bag for a few years and have been holding up very well looking like brand new. I don't baby this bag at all. It is super functional and works with both formal and casual outfit. It was made in Italian and the craftsmanship is comparable to other designer bags I have. I feel that Burberry deserves a bit more recognition on their quality

many bags are made in China which I think has turned people off.

I think the quality of recent Burberry bags (i.e the last 5 years) have been so underrated. The quality of the leather is good, they are made in Italy, and they are not as expensive as other traditional fashion house that has bags made in Italy. I personally own the banner bag for a few years and have been holding up very well looking like brand new. I don't baby this bag at all. It is super functional and works with both formal and casual outfit. It was made in Italian and the craftsmanship is comparable to other designer bags I have. I feel that Burberry deserves a bit more recognition on their quality

I'm so pleased to hear that. I tend to only buy outerwear but I'm a big fan of the brand and proud of its heritage

many bags are made in China which I think has turned people off.

Majority of the recent leather bags are not made in China, in fact most of the leather bags are made in Italy, the ones I own for example are all made in Italy. If you look at the Burberry website under the product description they would state if it's made in Italy. The leather quality is great as well as the craftsmanship.

I think Burberry needs better marketing to revamp their image

Majority of the recent leather bags are not made in China, in fact most of the leather bags are made in Italy, the ones I own for example are all made in Italy. If you look at the Burberry website under the product description they would state if it's made in Italy. The leather quality is great as well as the craftsmanship.

Maybe better marketing. I had a read an article a while back about many Burberry bags being made in China now. There was outcry as a made in Britain company was closing its factory and opening in China. In any event, that’s the perception. I also see Burberry struggling to define who they are. Used to be traditional and looked at as classic. I think some of the new graffiti lines etc seem to be trying to reach another demographic. There’s an older book “How Luxury Lost it’s Luster” which talks about designers claiming bags are made in Italy when most of the parts of the bag are made in China. It’s an interesting book.

I think of Tory Burch, the contemporary brand, not Burberry, the luxury brand, when I see their logo. I also am over their check print except for on scarves and their trench coats. Aside from the check print onolder bags, there’s nothing distinct about the design of any of their bags that I’ve seen lately.

I like recent Burberry bags. The new monogram, the TB, did remind me of Tory Burch at first, but the more I saw it the more it became associated with Burberry in my mind. I don't think I would've bought a new Burberry bag that's made in China or any third-world countries at full price.

I like the new TB bag too! At first I thought it's not my style, the more I look at it the more I love the look. The TB bags are made in Italy so that's a plus :smile: The two-toned canvas/leather TB bag is my current favourite
dd319b0301ec65d880edbb015a0f4eca5dd9f043.jpg

Luxury is all about perception and marketing, so it’s important where it’s “Made in”.

I wish they would bring back their traditional horse logo which I see in many vintage Burberry pieces. It’s quite pretty and I prefer it more than the “B logo”. I get it mixed up with balencegia sometimes haha.

Luxury is all about perception and marketing, so it’s important where it’s “Made in”.

I wish they would bring back their traditional horse logo which I see in many vintage Burberry pieces. It’s quite pretty and I prefer it more than the “B logo”. I get it mixed up with balencegia sometimes haha.
I think of Tory Burch with the TB logo.

i agree. Their marketing definitely needs to revamp!

I think of Tory Burch, the contemporary brand, not Burberry, the luxury brand, when I see their logo. I also am over their check print except for on scarves and their trench coats. Aside from the check print onolder bags, there’s nothing distinct about the design of any of their bags that I’ve seen lately.

My husband says the same thing about the logo!