Are Ponchos In or Out??

1. Hey ladies (an gents of course)

Are ponchos going to get another seasonal run?? I am in the process of cleaning out my closet for new fall stuff and have a cape and a poncho that I am questioning on keeping or selling on eBay...

any comments?

2. I have to say that the trend was waaay too huge and recent... I think they look a little dated, but that's just my personal experience. Also, what's fashionable varies by geography, so maybe the poncho-thing wasn't done to death in your city!

3. I never really cared for the ponchos and was never really a fashion statement in this area. So, I don't think it's going to make a comeback here. I would say that it was more of a trend and it won't be coming back, imo.

4. I think they're over. I did a very quick search on NM's and Nordstrom's websites and found only one - a Burberry at NM.

I personally never cared for this look - just made me look shapeless and sloppy.

However, wraps will always be classic, IMO.

5. Yes I agree I think they were done to Death. I think they are great as a cover up (do you remember when Posh wore hers to cover up her preganancy tummy, and so did Geri Halliwell), but I think the trend for the Poncho in general is thankfully over :smile:

6. Instyle this month said they are out, but capelets are in.

7. Ponchos are out but capes are in.... You could get away with wearing a black "structured' poncho....

8. I may be in the minority here, but I have a great cashmere black poncho - not too large or long, and I will wear again - to me it's like having a cozy blanket wrapped around! In or out - I know I'll wear mine a few times this fall...I would also like to get some kind of capelet though...

9. Capes and capelets are huge this fall,(think Nicole Richie) but ponchos are out. Personally I think wraps never go out of style though. They have been a classic forever.

10. What in the world is a cape?? I mean, I know what a cape is...but are people really wearing cape's?? like Count Dracula?? heehee

11. I wish I had a picture-they are kind of like a poncho,but instead of just draping it over you it has little slits for arms to come through.

12. I have a vintage embroidered cape that I've worn for 4 seasons and I LOVE it.
    Trendy or not, "in" or "out" I ALWAYS get stopped on the street to ask where it's from.
    I'll take a picture...

13. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. That black outfit is adorable!

15. In Bazaar Magazine, there is a section called Buy, Keep, Store for fall items. According to them, ponchos fall under the "Store" category.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice