Are plastic surgery prices getting cheaper?

buyit

Jul 20, 2017
Hey,

I consulted 10 clinics in March 2016 and I got quoted for Cheekbone reduction 7,5m KRW and for nose surgery 7m KRW on average. This year I messaged the same clinics (view, gng, april 31, darps..) and I got quoted for Cheekbone reduction 4,5-5m KRW and for nose surgery 5m KRW on average. Is it possible that surgery prices are getting cheaper?

Not sure whether they are, but more likely that is has to do with whether a clinic is busy or not like during holidays is will be busier thus the prices will most likely be higher. Also I read that the Chinese government is restricting tour groups to SK, so assume this also has an effect as well.
thanks, do you know which months are the best to travel to seoul?

Yes, I would add that you should probably also avoid Korean public holidays and Chinese New Year. The latter is because most Chinese visitors will go to Korea for PS then.

Reactions: buyit
IMO, they have actually gotten a lot more expensive since the last time I was in Seoul (2013). I've noticed that nearly everything is significantly more expensive this time around, from fillers to chin implants, etc.

This is correct, but actually it is also the case this year till Dec, so it will not be the cause for any "lower prices".
So from Jan 2018, will the tax come back on foreigners again? :sad:
About OP, I think the price of zygoma reduction to be cheaper because this is for quick/safe zygoma reduction :-S

So from Jan 2018, will the tax come back on foreigners again? :sad:
About OP, I think the price of zygoma reduction to be cheaper because this is for quick/safe zygoma reduction :-S

It has been extended for a couple of years now, so good chance it will be extended as well in 2008. Of course there is no guarantee, but as Korea wants to establish itself as the go to Asian medical hub it would be strange if it wouldn't be extended. Just check the message board in visitmedicalkorea as if it is extended you can find it there.

depends on time and surgery. But they normally quote you original price without discount at first, then if you decide to have surgery then there might be possiblity for discount. But I wanna say don't trust price before having actual consultation in person.

Agree, as if you go in peak PS periods you logically can expect that less discount will tend to be given, since they have enough business. So if you can go during "less busy" periods it would be beneficial! Also I would imagine they have more time for you as well :smile: