Are Pink Fuchsia Greasepaint Simples Rare?

^^I think you're right, the pink greasepaint was only available in Canada. Bubblegum patent was not rare, they went on sale at Barneys. The color is flat patent, not sparkly like the greasepaints, and it's more reddish.

i think i saw somewhere that the bubblegum simples were on sale for about $380. RDF had a pair for $575. the pink greasepaint that i saw from another seller were cheaper (under $500). and looks like the pink greasepaint is harder to find. so. the conclusion is obvious for me as to which to get! thanks laureen! (i might get the bubblegum patent pair too if the price ever dropped below $500...). and also thanks to those who answered my post in the other thread/s.

Last edited:
true that. i am happy about that.

i really despise sellers' logic which dictate that there is such a thing as "sold out market price" which allows them to justify charging above retail prices for previously on sale items. i mean, if they were not on sale, that is a different story...

The fuschia greasepaint simples were only available in Canada, along with a Tiffany type blue, and a dark silver, as well as beige/gold. They were available starting around February 2008 at $550 Canadian.

Congratulations! I just got the fuschia greasepaint Yoyos off Ebay and the colour is fantastic. Also you are not going to see a lot of other people wearing that style/colour if it was only available in Canada.

Thanks Mrs Peel! I so particular about spending a lot and have every other gal wear the same thing that sometimes I would deny myself something I really love because I see them too much around! Of course, I keep reminding myself too that I should not get something just because they are rare!

The pair I bought is my true size so I am a tad nervous. But I calmed myself down by reminding myself that I have thin heels and how my half up pigalle is slightly loose on me. So I am crossing my fingers! Let's hope they are not too tight for me.

I went up a half-size because of the patent. The true to size may be a bit tight. They do fit small.

Congratulations. There were probably only 100-200 pairs made, depending on how much stock each Holt Renfrew store received.